Surepost and the new contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep..they want cheaper shipping to able to be able to make even more billions...they aren't passing this "savings" along to their customers ordering from the Web or catalogs

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll agree with the competitor having the similar product, but if consumers demanded slower, cheaper service they already had the Post Office option.
One of the most obvious selling points in transportation is "one carrier shopping".
That is why FedEx and UPS have mirror service levels and capabilities.
Most large shippers treat PO shipping as an exception process.

10 point

Keep in mind, "our customers" are the shippers, (ie Amazon, Sears, QVC, L.L. Bean etc) The shippers know exactly what the service is. They are the ones who wanted cheaper pricing.
Keep in mind that the consignee can request the service level, service company provider, and THEY are Amazon's (et al) boss.
Without the customer, the rest of the supply chain isn't squat.
We have the best service across the board.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The same employees complaining about Surepost have no problem taking advantage of free shipping when shopping online. At least this makes the company some revenue.

10 point

P.S./
There's a FedEx package sitting outside my garage door at this very moment with about $700-$800 worth (estimated) of "Thirty-one" bags that actually goes to a home three miles away on a totally different road.

Well, I guess it got delivered somewhere.:groooansmileyf:

10 point

One of the most obvious selling points in transportation is "one carrier shopping".
That is why FedEx and UPS have mirror service levels and capabilities.
Most large shippers treat PO shipping as an exception process.
I don't agree that our service capabilities are the same unless we're saying "anything is possible".
Their ground service (FDX) is a joke when comparing the two companies in the realm of quality.
You normally (but not always) get what you pay for.
Subcontractors only care about their wallet. UPS drivers predominantly care about their customers needs.

I don't agree that our service capabilities are the same unless we're saying "anything is possible".
Their ground service (FDX) is a joke when comparing the two companies in the realm of quality.
Subcontractors only care about their wallet. UPS drivers predominantly care about their customers needs.
Plus I would add that you can get all your deliveries through ups all on the same truck as apposed to three different trucks plus maybe two separate pickups through FedEx.

beentheredonethat

Their network has a lot of advantages over UPS. If you look at their committed TNT vs UPS, you will see overall a superior TNT. Their big advantage is they utilize contract carrier drivers to move loads between their hubs. This gives them better overall transit at a lower cost. The actual drivers for FDX ground I agree aren't as good as our drivers. However, they do have that big advantage.

10 point

Their network has a lot of advantages over UPS. If you look at their committed TNT vs UPS, you will see overall a superior TNT. Their big advantage is they utilize contract carrier drivers to move loads between their hubs. This gives them better overall transit at a lower cost. The actual drivers for FDX ground I agree aren't as good as our drivers. However, they do have that big advantage.
I am only considering the quality aspect.
You can subcontract your whole system to the tune of $2000.00 per stock share but if you can't deliver packages to where they are addressed to it's like getting thru high school and not being able to graduate because you didn't take the required courses.

Is their stock worth more than ours? Sure.
But that doesn't mean much to most customers.
Our service outshines all the competition. Always has.