Surepost and the next contract

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Funny how different things are around the country. Some of our P.O. Are delivered like our EAM's.
I had a route one peak that got me to a post office later than normal. She chewed my ass. I have to be here before they leave blah blah blah.

Lmao showed up 5 minutes before close the rest of the week. After that she was happy to get it whenever.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had a route one peak that got me to a post office later than normal. She chewed my ass. I have to be here before they leave blah blah blah.

Lmao showed up 5 minutes before close the rest of the week. After that she was happy to get it whenever.
Around here...the routes that have post office stops average 100-200 pieces or more for it daily. Most drivers like to get there early as possible to get rid of all that crap.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Surepost has certainly been abused by some of the oversize packages I have seen slip through the system. I think I saw some DIAD Training recently or something like that that addressed the oversize and overweight issues. I think the weight limit is supposed to be 11 pounds and under, I can't remember the exact size limits. Not much bigger than a smalls package though.
Scratch 11 lbs is not a smalls .. These boxes are not dresser size anymore but still too big imo

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So are we talking across the street, next door or in the same street... Size on these packages is still an issue
We are allowed to pulled any oversized stuff now. So not really an issue.

I think anything within a quarter mile is reasonable. That would give us back virtually all in town work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sure post is a sore subject out here in the west, that's for sure. The Union as usual dropped and continues to drop the ball on this issue. For obvious reasons we all understand the need for staying competitive but that doesn't mean the union needs to fall asleep at the wheel.

Along with all of the blatant abuses of the Surepost agreement, now the post office is requiring are drivers to segregate all packages according to their Zip Codes. So now drivers are spending roughly 30 minutes a day separating the boxes and the small a in the bags into those big bins on wheels.

We tried getting our BA involved and seemed like he could care less. Showed pictures of boxes that violate the dimensions and weight along with packages that are going to business stops.

You know as much grief that we give UPS, I want to know WTF is the union doing? Considering the importance of UPS to the teamsters, no one should be trying to drum up more work for UPS, than the damn union.
Absolutely... You know why the post office is having everyone segregate stuff it's because they are being overwhelmed ...which should be a big hint that something is wrong...I know at the po I deliver to we now on most days bring as much or more than fedex... It never was like that a year ago.

dqs95124

Sure post. Separate by zip . Find carts to put in. Then try to find a Sup to sign. I'm so glad my taxes go to these guys. That I do their job.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We are allowed to pulled any oversized stuff now. So not really an issue.

I think anything within a quarter mile is reasonable. That would give us back virtually all in town work.
I gave heard only on here about being able to pull things but I don't think that is common knowledge.. I like the quarter mile number but not sure ups would go for it... Does the teamsters have a sure post committee?? If they don't they need one to meet with iOS quarterly on this...I personally believe the teamsters turned their back on this because ups had been hiring like crazy both on pkg and feeder. We had guys going driving after 1 year In package and feeder so it's hard to make a case for job loss when they have done so much hiring but the union got sideswiped on this... I going to be extremely disappointed if nothing is done about it next contract... I would forgo higher raised to get even 1/2 of that work back

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And ups can't make the excuse up that they aren't making any money off 1 pkg going to a house when we are seeing 3 or more being dropped off at once and that number will continue to rise with the popularity of online shopping...need to get handle on this now