Surepost changes due soon?

10 point

If the company has 120 days from ratification to implement Surepost changes are those due around the 25th of July?
Any info out there?

By The Book

It's changing already. You will see it totally go into effect and it will be so busy that we won't know what to do. Watch.
I was looking for some examples. As far as I know there are three things that can change. Anything that weighs 10 lbs., close proximity, and 3 cubic feet in size.

Notretiredyet

The thing most will notice is that the mailman will start waving at you again. Anything over 3 cubic ft and 10lbs now always goes on a package car for delivery. Every time I cross paths with a postal employee they always complain about del boxes, esp at Xmas.Maybe a route or two can be added due to increased volume. But I'm not holding my breath.

upschuck

Also, 500 new 22.3 jobs are suppose to be in the first year of contract, which should be Aug 1. Anybody see these happening?

fres431

Rumor has it in California that the Orion guys are telling both centers in my hub they want 10 more drivers per center hired in august. The division managers rebuttal was I can train them quick enough Orion guy said I don't care hire em..that would make 30-35 full timers this year.. Last 5 weeks they been taking 2 a week..I know they training feeder drivers in Lodi Modesto area cuz amazon

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

Rumor has it in California that the Orion guys are telling both centers in my hub they want 10 more drivers per center hired in august. The division managers rebuttal was I can train them quick enough Orion guy said I don't care hire em..that would make 30-35 full timers this year.. Last 5 weeks they been taking 2 a week..I know they training feeder drivers in Lodi Modesto area cuz amazon

Sent using BrownCafe App
I doubt the ORION guys have that much power. Here they were FT/PT sups on a temporary assignment.

worldwide

The thing most will notice is that the mailman will start waving at you again. Anything over 3 cubic ft and 10lbs now always goes on a package car for delivery. Every time I cross paths with a postal employee they always complain about del boxes, esp at Xmas.Maybe a route or two can be added due to increased volume. But I'm not holding my breath.

why anything over 3 cubic feet? UPS is implementing dimensional weight on all ground packages, including SurePost, starting Dec 26. As an example, a package that is 12x12x12 is now priced at its actual weight. Once the new dimensional weight rules go into effect, that size package will dim out at 9 lbs. Think of how many 12 cube boxes out there weigh 3 - 7 lbs. You think customers will pay 9 lbs for that just to get UPS service?

I would expect that many lighter weight packages will be diverting to Priority Mail, especially in light of the announcement that the USPS is implementing a price DECREASE on Priority Mail in September. If your route is mainly residential deliveries expect some changes in 2015...

10 point

I was looking for some examples. As far as I know there are three things that can change. Anything that weighs 10 lbs., close proximity, and 3 cubic feet in size.
I thought commercial pkgs are no longer supposed to be del by the P.O....only residentual now.

Who's watching that and where are the reports to pull?

710 steward

Maybe in your neck of the woods, not here. One was a FT Sup for Night time air driver/carwash. After he retired, they put a PT sup in that position.

That's awesome. I have often said our sups couldn't run the local McDonald's. They wouldn't know the difference between a Big Mac and a Quarter Pounder. It's too bad they can't throw chicken feed onto a keyboard and let a chicken run the computer.