Surepost changes due soon?

10 point

I was looking for some examples. As far as I know there are three things that can change. Anything that weighs 10 lbs., close proximity, and 3 cubic feet in size.
Close proximity has been in affect for a long time here. We've seen it at least two years now or more.

OntCombo63

Also, 500 new 22.3 jobs are suppose to be in the first year of contract, which should be Aug 1. Anybody see these happening?

At the southern California Ontario hub they've been rolling out combo jobs. They had one bid sheet with 66 jobs about 1/3rd went to new combos with 2002 hire dates. Don't know if they were all new jobs but I didn't recognize a lot if the jobs listed good news for new combos here only 12 years to go combo. :D

By The Book

I guess we'll have to start dumping the bags to see if they're still processing commercial stops thru Surepost.
I thought it has always been commercial to residential deliveries. I don't deliver to a post office except for peak and haven't looked at the addresses as they come out of a bag.

10 point

I thought it has always been commercial to residential deliveries. I don't deliver to a post office except for peak and haven't looked at the addresses as they come out of a bag.
I use to deliver to a large P.O. and many times the bag wouldnt have a tag to scan so we'd have to dump the bag and scan all the pkgs. MANY of the pkgs we're going to offices I del every day on my metro route. We delivered alot of commercial stops to the post office. I'd have 600-900 pcs a day (a lot of them in bags) around peak.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Rumor has it in California that the Orion guys are telling both centers in my hub they want 10 more drivers per center hired in august. The division managers rebuttal was I can train them quick enough Orion guy said I don't care hire em..that would make 30-35 full timers this year.. Last 5 weeks they been taking 2 a week..I know they training feeder drivers in Lodi Modesto area cuz amazon

Sent using BrownCafe App
Train them quick enough lol. We were told in feb to hire ten. Then labor said you'll need 5 come June. So 15 total before summer. We are on like #4.

fres431

Orion guys in my center have 30plus years with company..they report directly to division manager who is pulling the trigger. I stand by what I said

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

My question is about what checks and balances are in place to give us (the union) access to the "bona fide" changes that the new language addresses.
They're running out of time by what I see. We should be already briefed of the plan and there should be transparency by now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My question is about what checks and balances are in place to give us (the union) access to the "bona fide" changes that the new language addresses.
They're running out of time by what I see. We should be already briefed of the plan and there should be transparency by now.
I was just goning to post this.

Who is supposed to keep track of all this. I see packages in my bags everyday that I'm going to deliver to the persons house anyway. Those should of been flipped for quite a while. Still lots getting thru their system.

By The Book

The label said Surepost and the top address was to the post office. The consignee's name was in small print under the p.o. address. It was supposed to go to the surepost system.
So these sure post pkgs are labeled differently than the ones you have delivered to these residences before? I asked about the black and white pal label like when you deliver a regular ground and it pulls the sure post pkg to be delivered with it and that sure post pkg gets a black and white pal label.

10 point

So these sure post pkgs are labeled differently than the ones you have delivered to these residences before? I asked about the black and white pal label like when you deliver a regular ground and it pulls the sure post pkg to be delivered with it and that sure post pkg gets a black and white pal label.
We have the black and white pal labeled pkgs that are pulled from surepost to be del with other pkg(s) at a stop and we've had black n white pal labeled surepost pkgs that have been pulled to be del by themselves without reg ups pkgs coinciding.

This has been happening for at least two years and it's been crushing us at peak. We'll get at least twenty more stops with singular surepost pkgs per day at peak. You can see the little arrowhead markers up and down your EDD with only one unit of work.

By The Book

I was just goning to post this.

Who is supposed to keep track of all this. I see packages in my bags everyday that I'm going to deliver to the persons house anyway. Those should of been flipped for quite a while. Still lots getting thru their system.
Agreed! If you already have a delivery for an address and they are not pulling out the additional duplicate addressed pkgs. there is something wrong. Maybe you can ask for a printout of the stops/ addresses that went to the post office. I would get the local/ ba involved and file if they don't fix the problem. Sounds like theft to me.

10 point

But...the business stop surepost pkgs have pretty much stayed in surepost from what I've seen.

No doubt it's some deal between the Posthumous Office and UPMS.

10 point

Agreed! If you already have a delivery for an address and they are not pulling out the additional duplicate addressed pkgs. there is something wrong. Maybe you can ask for a printout of the stops/ addresses that went to the post office. I would get the local/ ba involved and file if they don't fix the problem. Sounds like theft to me.
There should became plan in place.

Let's hear it. We want to pull the reports every single day. (It's not that we don't trust them.)

By The Book

We have the black and white pal labeled pkgs that are pulled from surepost to be del with other pkg(s) at a stop and we've had black n white pal labeled surepost pkgs that have been pulled to be del by themselves without reg ups pkgs coinciding.

This has been happening for at least two years and it's been crushing us at peak. We'll get at least twenty more stops with singular surepost pkgs per day at peak. You can see the little arrowhead markers up and down your EDD with only one unit of work.
On my last annual ride my sup explained the single sure post packages where you go there for 1 package. He said if at the time they are at the hubs sometimes feeders will advance up volume. This will seperate the other ground or sure post pkg that was to go with the single pkg. that explains why you have been getting single deliveries with one sure post pkg. I don't think the close proximity pkgs have came back yet.

fres431

If you have a stop and there is a sure post packages let's say 2 houses down that will be union work. The way it was explained to me is if there is a "regular" deliver ie pure ups label near the surepost we are supposed to get the work..as for 3cubic ft and 10lb rule my preload doesn't have a auditor to determine if that rule is being violated as I believe it is and has been

Sent using BrownCafe App