SurePost discrepancies

aiian

Has anyone filed on UPS' misuse of SurePost.

I checked my last five packages or the PO and three of them were to be delivers to a commercial address.

Also, I've been seeing more and more over size packages as well.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I cover most routes in my building. Needless to say I see this and multiple packages being sent to same address. I filed on it about two months ago and haven't heard anything back yet regarding my grievance.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Dont count on anything from the union. They negotiated the contract for UPS to follow. Like mandatory work Friday after thanksgiving '-)

10 point

In our center the center manager told us that they had a new program to implement.

He never said he implemented it and we don't have enough drivers to handle the extra work if it blew up another 5-10%.

I guess we'll get tape measures for the surepost/decap area and start weighing, measuring, and reading the consignee names.

Better have ample air drivers cause the sort's going down late.

BrownChoice

More often than not i will see a surepost at an address i deliver to slready delivered by the post office with a spa label of the same day already there. SMH

BrownChoice

I wouldnt really mind working maybe a half day on the 25th of December, but with maybe a later start, like around noon. Until about 3:30 or 4. But if everything goes smooth like it should, this wouldnt be needed. Can any of you remember the last time peak was smooth? I cant.

BrownChoice

And its not us Drivers' fault, no matter ehat the company tells us. It all boils down to them , the Company trying to save the almighty dollar. Even though we continuously watch them step over a dollar to pick up a dime time after time after timer after......

10 point

We were told by upper management that they project at least five percent more volume than last year.

With proximity surepost stops I'd say it'll be more than that as last year showed us.

There's no reason to be understaffed this time.

It's not hard to do the math if you can math.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
There is no way that you are seeing a Surepost that we had to first deliver to the Post Office subsequently delivered on the same day.
Some smaller post offices will sort and deliver same day if you deliver it early enough. Most post offices do it the following day and don't allow you to tie up their dock too early

PT Car Washer

There is no way that you are seeing a Surepost that we had to first deliver to the Post Office subsequently delivered on the same day.
The large Post Office I delivered to last Christmas (until a regular driver got hurt and put me on his route) delivered all the sure post the same day we dropped them off. Said they were out until 10:00 PM to get it done.