Surepost discussion talks with union and ups

Coldworld

60 months and counting
there was some talk in here about national level talks about sure post with the union and company...does anyone know if this is going on and if so does anyone know if progress is being made??

DOK

there was some talk in here about national level talks about sure post with the union and company...does anyone know if this is going on and if so does anyone know if progress is being made??

What progress are you looking for? Sure post isn't going away, or do you want more to go to sure post? Do tell.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah that wrapped up about 6-8 months ago I believe.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What progress are you looking for? Sure post isn't going away, or do you want more to go to sure post? Do tell.
Weren't there suppose to be enhancements to that service that let us get some of that work back....?? Have you delivered to the usps before dok?? We use to get about the same amount of packages as fedex in my neck of the woods... Now I'm rolling in there most days with double the volume of FedEx...people have to be idiots to think that UPS isntit going to exploit this. And just because we have sure post doesn't mean that FedEx still can't undercut us on prices ...right

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So these so called enhancements were pretty much just a bunch of BS talk to calm the union down...I guess just more watered down language
The enhancements are that anyone can stop the progress of an overweight or oversize package.

Other than that yeah. Blah

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Any Surepost pkg over 10 lbs or a square foot is to be delivered by UPS. Any Surepost pkg on either side of or across the street from an existing UPS stop is to be delivered by UPS.

barnyard

KTM rider
In order for those packages to spa correctly, they have to be address corrected to the resi address. I am seeing more and more of those. I have had 3-4 a day for the past week on a small town, mostly rural route.