Surepost discussion talks with union and ups

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Businesses are still being sent to the p.o.
and there's no excuse for that seeing the information is on file of what is com and what is resi.
They're proving it now with DR clarification that locks out those addresses that the company archives past history on.
They have the technology... They are just dragging their feet in typical ups fashion...

10 point

I totally agree and see this EVERYDAY!!!and these are just the packages that are single that I check... Who knows how many are getting through in bags??? I don't think the union is taking this seriously enough and I believe they aren't educated enough about the program in general...
Call your BA and then the IBT pkg division. See what they tell you. You may be surprised at the response.

By The Book

Call your BA and then the IBT pkg division. See what they tell you. You may be surprised at the response.
Why?, so we can get laughed at like when you called? They won't do anything about it so they crap on us members for trying. They don't care, it's all about how can I keep my position without getting my hands dirty.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why?, so we can get laughed at like when you called? They won't do anything about it so they crap on us members for trying. They don't care, it's all about how can I keep my position without getting my hands dirty.
However, the Brown Cafe staff does care about you!
Would you like a good backrub?

10 point

I'm going to guess they say to take a flying leap ???
Almost three years into the CBA and no definition of "proximity stops".
But it's OK if Orion is coupled with surepost abuse to eliminate FT positions.
Let's not put language into the CBA if members can't police it.

By The Book

Almost three years into the CBA and no definition of "proximity stops".
But it's OK if Orion is coupled with surepost abuse to eliminate FT positions.
Let's not put language into the CBA if members can't police it.
We do have a tendency to get new language, when the old language gets overlooked. We vote yes because of this new language......we don't need empty promises.

wage EARNER

I do data/ac on the smalls line before it goes to the surepost baggers. I see more and more surepost going to Target retail stores. Customers order online and have it shipped to the store, and Target is using the Surepost option instead of paying UPS drivers to deliver it. I brought it to the attention of a couple stewards but they just shrug their shoulders.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The ups store I pick up from has 1/2 of their volume as returns... I don't know if Amazon pays for the returns or not but it must use thousands of people across the network to process those returns.. Imo Amazon has made it too easy and people are just ordering crap to " try it out"...
The returns for our UPS store during peak was unreal. One day we swept it 3 times in addition to the normal pickup. Filled U-Haul every time.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I do data/ac on the smalls line before it goes to the surepost baggers. I see more and more surepost going to Target retail stores. Customers order online and have it shipped to the store, and Target is using the Surepost option instead of paying UPS drivers to deliver it. I brought it to the attention of a couple stewards but they just shrug their shoulders.
Target is probably the biggest SurePost violator. Oversized galore.

PT Car Washer

Every Saturday that I do pick ups I will pick up about 60 SurePost boxes from Target. Last time I didn't do pick ups the girl who replaced me that Saturday complained about picking up ground so now UPS pays her top driver rate for the whole day.