Surepost discussion talks with union and ups

You're doing a good job but be careful. You said you printed out records and I hope it isn't at the ups center because they won't be happy that you're printing out their reports to use against them. If they find out they will more than likely try to fire you
The printout that shows if I misloaded any package into the incorrect post office bag conveniently has the total of all bagged at the top, and I have to print that out a couple times during the shift, so I think I'm safe. I just write down the other numbers. Thank you for the caution, though :)

Rack em

Made the Podium
The printout that shows if I misloaded any package into the incorrect post office bag conveniently has the total of all bagged at the top, and I have to print that out a couple times during the shift, so I think I'm safe. I just write down the other numbers. Thank you for the caution, though :)
Ok just checking. We had a guy get a warning letter for printing something out at the center, and he even used his own paper. They were mad about the toner :mad:

Out of curiosity how many cars are in your center and is that 945 number just for your center or for the whole building???
Normally we have about 33 routes. I guess to me, bldg and center are the same thing?
It was brutal today, and having to scan out so much takes time of getting them bagged. I bagged 595. Between me and whatever goes straight from the feeder to the pc for PO was 350. Computer claimed 61 of those should have been in a bag.

Just looking for that one apt bldg, I see so many for the same little street in a little subdivision. The proximity language is definitely bogus. And I catch a couple addresses getting something every day.
But, if the volume honestly had increased, the "Hold for delv" should also go up, but it is the same.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just looking for that one apt bldg, I see so many for the same little street in a little subdivision. The proximity language is definitely bogus. And I catch a couple addresses getting something every day.
But, if the volume honestly had increased, the "Hold for delv" should also go up, but it is the same.
theres no reason we shouldn't be getting all the surepost going to a street that has a regular ground pkg.....especially a dead end street or regular city street....I personally think that ups is so deep in this now that if we were able to get proximity language so much work would come back it would blow their car numbers out of the water..it will be a total battle.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our PDS is very good about making sure proximity stops are loaded on our cars.
What are they using as a guideline for proximity....is it having a house next door to a ground package or 5 houses down...??? It would be interesting to find out what they say about that..have you ever asked Dave????

1Simplemann

One of my Post Office's is usually closed by the time I get there. I just deliver them unless it way out of my way. Then it's NI1,2 till I get one for that road. On the other PO, if I'm driving by the stop, I deliver those as well. Most of the time it's only couple stops if any.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
theres no reason we shouldn't be getting all the surepost going to a street that has a regular ground pkg.....especially a dead end street or regular city street....I personally think that ups is so deep in this now that if we were able to get proximity language so much work would come back it would blow their car numbers out of the water..it will be a total battle.
In the cities virtually nothing should be going to the post office. Someone is driving down or next to virtually every street.

FINALLY Friday came across 2 packages that I know for a fact are next door to each other. And it's obvious by the address numbers, too. Can't get any more proximal than that! The driver steward witnessed it and am typing up my email right now. Will let 'cha know what ever comes of it....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FINALLY Friday came across 2 packages that I know for a fact are next door to each other. And it's obvious by the address numbers, too. Can't get any more proximal than that! The driver steward witnessed it and am typing up my email right now. Will let 'cha know what ever comes of it....

Proximity packages must have a non-Surepost going to a nearby address in order to be delivered by us. 2 or more Sureposts on the same street w/o a non-Surepost will go to the PO.

I see what you're saying. 2 po packages next door maybe don't qualify. But then I'm still going to hopefully get the BA to check it out, because these packages go into a gated subdivision that gets hours worth of deliveries a day. Everything is just too coincidental that exactly the same time we got a new pds that the center manager can bully, my workload became unmanageable. I find businesses just keeping an eye open for one post office. Who knows what's going on with the others. I believe that alone should warrant some union concern. I would like to become a FT driver, someday, too. Getting a portion of our legitimate workload back will speed that up.

Still no word. Stweward is gonna touch base with BA. Report system was mysteriously down again today. And 800 today. That is a peak number for sure. I had to have help.
Maybe the post office will have some 2nd thoughts at the new negotiations.

Deemster

On a weekly basis I deliver to atleast a handful of stops that had already delivered some of our sure post.

I just scan them take note of the address and move on