SurePost issues

10 point

Sure post is supposed to be for residential only.
Not according to the Package Division at IBT.
They (a guy) there told us that a surepost pkg can be delivered to a business if it's for a person who works there and not the business itself. What a joke.

I'm just going to DR that pkg separately at the business address.

I asked him how we were supposed to police that. Didn't get an answer on that either.

You can see the held pkgs that got sent to the p.o. by noticing the double pal label...one on top the other...and if you look at the address (final destination) you'll prob notice that you had a stop there the day before or it was a proximity stop that you could have delivered the day before.

You're right I've. They're controlling our route volume and the union is in confusion or in cahoots with it.
I personally believe it's center by center in nature but I know they sent the vast majority of surepost to the p.o. at peak because I witnessed it. Duplicate stops, over 10# pkgs and commercial stops of surepost being diverted to the post office.

They want to make it as hard as possible to police.

10 point

YOU are the UNION!
I filed on it. The week it started diverting and asked for all the final destination addresses and our manifests for those days.
That was months ago and the company now says they "can't" get me my info that I asked for in a timely manner.
Still on "hold".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I filed on it. The week it started diverting and asked for all the final destination addresses and our manifests for those days.
That was months ago and the company now says they "can't" get me my info that I asked for in a timely manner.
Still on "hold".
A grieve is what should be done.
I'd be interested to see if UPS technology can actually redirect these.
It would be to UPS's benefit to redirect all these Surepost packages that do no comply with the contract.
Especially if UPS can back-bill shippers for incorrectly service-classified packages.

10 point

If the IBT is going to change the perimeters of the written language there should be an update to the surepost language because it's starting to look like extra contract agreements and labor charges should apply.

10 point

The employee on decap doing the surepost work said that they turned the system back on (canonization) to send the work back to us when the grievance was filed.

Is this true? Only a few people locally can answer these questions.

10 point

A grieve is what should be done.
I'd be interested to see if UPS technology can actually redirect these.
It would be to UPS's benefit to redirect all these Surepost packages that do no comply with the contract.
Especially if UPS can back-bill shippers for incorrectly service-classified packages.
Except.....if they haven't staffed the operation adequately and can't get all the work delivered.

ESPECIALLY during last peak's test when it was Show Time for all UPS facilities.