SurePost issues

titanic-sinking.jpg

By The Book

My point is that the technology only identifies the package and then the Union UPSer has to put on a new label or remove the top part of the original label. (I assume some of the procedures may have changed in the last couple of years since I've been gone).
I would think that each sure post station in each center needs a cloth tape measure and a scale. Then the employees working in those stations need to be educated on what goes to the drivers. One thing would be if any pkg was 10 lbs or more addressed to the post office because of a po box, it should be clerked., to get the physical address of the consignee.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would think that each sure post station in each center needs a cloth tape measure and a scale. Then the employees working in those stations need to be educated on what goes to the drivers. One thing would be if any pkg was 10 lbs or more addressed to the post office because of a po box, it should be clerked., to get the physical address of the consignee.
Then UPS would lose more money ... probably won't happen.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
My point is that the technology only identifies the package and then the Union UPSer has to put on a new label or remove the top part of the original label. (I assume some of the procedures may have changed in the last couple of years since I've been gone).

A union UPSer merely shoots the box with a laser and applies the pal to a pkg.

A non-union UPSer determines the address printed on the pal.

By The Book

Then UPS would lose more money ... probably won't happen.
You said it was up to the union employees, so let's do this for starters. When I discuss these things with my part timers, the boss doesn't like it but it's my right to see the contract is being adhered to., and systems in place to ensure that we get the work we're entitled to.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow. Lots of misinformation here. Ok just because sure post is resi Only that doesn't mean we don't deliver the package to commercial. It means it gets kicked out to us for delivery and i would imagine the shipper then gets charged appropriately for its commercial delivery.

The only probably I have is the close proximity language. There are towns with 100k ppl that we should be delivering virtually all of the packages. We drive down 99% of the roads in town. Why not have me deliver the houses I drive right by? Instead we are dropping off a p1000 full of sure post or more everyday.

10 point

Wow. Lots of misinformation here. Ok just because sure post is resi Only that doesn't mean we don't deliver the package to commercial. It means it gets kicked out to us for delivery and i would imagine the shipper then gets charged appropriately for its commercial delivery.

The only probably I have is the close proximity language. There are towns with 100k ppl that we should be delivering virtually all of the packages. We drive down 99% of the roads in town. Why not have me deliver the houses I drive right by? Instead we are dropping off a p1000 full of sure post or more everyday.
Proximity stops are cannibalized for sure but my (and other's) gripe is that commercial surepost stops are going to the post office.
In reverse psychology the IBT rep says the p.o. can deliver the commercial stops because they were going to "a person" and not necessarily the "business" thus making them residential pkgs. With that reasoning I said I'm driver releasing the surepost pkgs separately at a commercial stop since it's "residential" no matter what the contract says.

The policing of the language is becoming a total cluster.

By The Book

Proximity stops are cannibalized for sure but my (and other's) gripe is that commercial surepost stops are going to the post office.
In reverse psychology the IBT rep says the p.o. can deliver the commercial stops because they were going to "a person" and not necessarily the "business" thus making them residential pkgs. With that reasoning I said I'm driver releasing the surepost pkgs separately at a commercial stop since it's "residential" no matter what the contract says.

The policing of the language is becoming a total cluster.
I feel that sure post packages that are addressed to the post office should be kicked out to the drivers if there is a package with the same address that has another service level, for sure! Ask your preload dispatcher for those to be included with your daily work. When I scan a sure post package that I'm delivering with ground at a commercial stop, I hit deliver/release number and mcw or mcm and then add the signature to finish the stop.

10 point

I feel that sure post packages that are addressed to the post office should be kicked out to the drivers if there is a package with the same address that has another service level, for sure! Ask your preload dispatcher for those to be included with your daily work. When I scan a sure post package that I'm delivering with ground at a commercial stop, I hit deliver/release number and mcw or mcm and then add the signature to finish the stop.
In our building:
In 2013, at peak, we got proximity stops galore.

In 2014, at peak, those proximity stops were shipped to the post office.

It seems that no one is guarding the surepost volume and we pretty much know how that'll fare out.
I can hear it now.....Define proximity.
I can define the word lame and even the word patronize but "abandoned" fits this situation when it comes to the teeth of the language.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Overthinking and not a method.