Surepost question

CJ80ish

Forgive me if this subject has been beaten to death as I'm having difficulty finding prior posts regarding the issue.

I've only worked at UPS a few months but it seems this surepost delivery to the post office is eliminating driver positions due to the fact that the post office makes the delivery. I would estimate that it cuts out a route or two per town out of my center. Did/why did the union let this happen and is this permanent?

Thanks

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't KNOW the answers as far as the union, but yes, this eliminates/diverts the volume to the post office so then management can say there isn't enough volume to justify x number of routes

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The company position is this is volume we would not have otherwise. Also fed ex has a similar service so we had to do something to compete

rocket man

Forgive me if this subject has been beaten to death as I'm having difficulty finding prior posts regarding the issue.

I've only worked at UPS a few months but it seems this surepost delivery to the post office is eliminating driver positions due to the fact that the post office makes the delivery. I would estimate that it cuts out a route or two per town out of my center. Did/why did the union let this happen and is this permanent? IM GLAD BROUGHT THIS UP NONE OF NOTICED. wHAT PART OF MANAGMENT ARE YOU IN? TRYING TO TO SEE OUR OPINIONS GEARING UP FOR THE NEW CONTRACT.

Thanks

kingOFchester

I would love to say that I am against Surepost. Actually it does hurt the amount of drivers. But I certainly would give up the drivers to keep UPS competitive and in business. If we didn't offer the same type of service as our competitors, they would end up getting all of that type of business. It is what it is. It is a competitive service UPS needs to offer in order to have at least part of the handling (union labor)of those packages movement. Rather have some part in the movement then no part.

In a perfect UPS world, if we didn't offer this service the volume would still stay at UPS. UPS can't keep the volume, offer the same price (or better) and still remain profitable. If we didn't offer the cut rate service (and cut rate price) that volume would more then likely go to our competitor.

Grammer seems off....but I think it makes sense.?.?

Note to self, dont drink and post.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Meh, half the time I see the postal lady toss the package on the sidewalk I walk over the surepost and deliver the same shippers package to the front door. Sad part is they only see the brown truck pull away as they wonder why we'd leave their package on the sidewalk.

Buck Fifty

Meh, half the time I see the postal lady toss the package on the sidewalk I walk over the surepost and deliver the same shippers package to the front door. Sad part is they only see the brown truck pull away as they wonder why we'd leave their package on the sidewalk.

Yeah, I see them too. I even bag them , so there is no stupidity.

I can see that.:surprised:
I can see it also. They keep feeding he troll making him think that he can survive ( mind you these are cut throws business men here. They eat by cutting fat and throats that are hungry. ) only to lead them on past there breaking point. The way it was explained to someone who is in the know is just this way. It might happen like this or it might not but they are sure trying.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can see it also. They keep feeding he troll making him think that he can survive ( mind you these are cut throws business men here. They eat by cutting fat and throats that are hungry. ) only to lead them on past there breaking point. The way it was explained to someone who is in the know is just this way. It might happen like this or it might not but they are sure trying.

It's fuzzy light at the end of time pulsing like the edge of a singularity where these cut throws live teetering on the balance beam of light and dark where we have no businessmen being everyone working hard not to break the light beam and falling over into the boiling vat of fat that bubbles at the end of time with the survivors impaled on back-lit bacon stalagmites with heavenly saxophones playing in your head and shining diamonds in the sky but no more because the wolfs have eaten the very best and their throats are dry like a lizard on a hot rock pulsing up and down with cherry red throats dripping from the cut fat watching a low rider car pulse up and down at the red light waiting for a chance to drive

It's fuzzy light at the end of time pulsing like the edge of a singularity where these cut throws live teetering on the balance beam of light and dark where we have no businessmen being everyone working hard not to break the light beam and falling over into the boiling vat of fat that bubbles at the end of time with the survivors impaled on back-lit bacon stalagmites with heavenly saxophones playing in your head and shining diamonds in the sky but no more because the wolfs have eaten the very best and their throats are dry like a lizard on a hot rock pulsing up and down with cherry red throats dripping from the cut fat watching a low rider car pulse up and down at the red light waiting for a chance to drive
You are one of them??? I never thought you were ( you were to funny) but you speak there toung. You live in the right city. Have you ever shaved your head?? Did you have a 666 on it? God bless you for you don't know what you have done and I do truly pray for you my brother.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You are one of them??? I never thought you were ( you were to funny) but you speak there toung. You live in the right city. Have you ever shaved your head?? Did you have a 666 on it? God bless you for you don't know what you have done and I do truly pray for you my brother.

Call me Nero, slayer of the true faith, and look me up when you travel on any road because they lead to Rome and I will have you for supper with fava beans and your friends providing light from their burning bodies like pigs in the sky shouting freedom, freedom, take them all away

Call me Nero, slayer of the true faith, and look me up when you travel on any road because they lead to Rome and I will have you for supper with fava beans and your friends providing light from their burning bodies like pigs in the sky shouting freedom, freedom, take them all away
Nero Caesar is the devil. Belzobob