Surepost question

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I suggest "YouGetWhatYouPayForPost".

Jackburton--whenever I run across this at a delivery I will pick the pkg up and put it with the one that I am delivering.
I don't as it would be like picking up a FedEx package on the sidewalk. I take care of my parcels and let my service speak for itself, that's all we have to sell. If the postal service allows drivers to do this then that's their policy, not ours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't as it would be like picking up a FedEx package on the sidewalk. I take care of my parcels and let my service speak for itself, that's all we have to sell. If the postal service allows drivers to do this then that's their policy, not ours.

Since when does "doing the right thing" require a policy?

Big Babooba

It's fuzzy light at the end of time pulsing like the edge of a singularity where these cut throws live teetering on the balance beam of light and dark where we have no businessmen being everyone working hard not to break the light beam and falling over into the boiling vat of fat that bubbles at the end of time with the survivors impaled on back-lit bacon stalagmites with heavenly saxophones playing in your head and shining diamonds in the sky but no more because the wolfs have eaten the very best and their throats are dry like a lizard on a hot rock pulsing up and down with cherry red throats dripping from the cut fat watching a low rider car pulse up and down at the red light waiting for a chance to drive

Been a hittin' the corn squeenin's again Hoax?

Big Babooba

Call me Nero, slayer of the true faith, and look me up when you travel on any road because they lead to Rome and I will have you for supper with fava beans and your friends providing light from their burning bodies like pigs in the sky shouting freedom, freedom, take them all away

Yup, you have been! Ain't cha?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I doubt management would agree with you....especially since there is nothing in the time allowance or methods about picking up competition packages...your center manager might write you up...

Oh, no, I might get written up......oh what will I do??

If I am making a residential delivery and another courier made a less than ideal DR I will take that package and put it with the one(s) that I left. It is the right thing to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since "doing the right thing" doesn't help increase volume to my employer that writes our checks.

Fair enough.

Let's say you are making a residential delivery to one of your regular customers. As you are approaching the house you notice the mailman left a package in the sidewalk. You also notice that it is starting to rain. Do you: (a) leave the package in the sidewalk or (b) do you pick it up and put it next to yours, out of sight, out of weather?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I would probably leave the USPS package out in the rain. Consignee just might call the shipper to bitch about the less than ideal delivery location and the possible damage to the contents from getting soaked. Shipper just might decide that they would use UPS for future deliveries to provide better customer service. My way of drumming up sales leads!

Leave it, unless the customer is outside...

Let's say their neighbor sees you pick up said USPS package as the pull into their garage, then pkg goes missing... Now you have been caught... Doing what? Nothing but the right thing!!! However this society doesn't see it that way very often... You stole it in many selfish people's eyes...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Fair enough.

Let's say you are making a residential delivery to one of your regular customers. As you are approaching the house you notice the mailman left a package in the sidewalk. You also notice that it is starting to rain. Do you: (a) leave the package in the sidewalk or (b) do you pick it up and put it next to yours, out of sight, out of weather?
I leave it. When it comes to my job I do as described and to the best of my abilities. I don't make exceptions to the rule no matter who you are.

Let's say you saw said package on sidewalk and noticed it was damaged with the top open. Just as you place the package with yours at the door the customer comes out and picks both up. The customer then notices that the USPS package had the contents removed and you were the last person in possession of that package. You have now put yourself in a situation where your integrity can be questioned.

I also do not give dog biscuits out for similar liability issues, no matter how "cute" it is to do so.

Buck Fifty

Leave it, unless the customer is outside...

Let's say their neighbor sees you pick up said USPS package as the pull into their garage, then pkg goes missing... Now you have been caught... Doing what? Nothing but the right thing!!! However this society doesn't see it that way very often... You stole it in many selfish people's eyes...

Yeah and you work for company full of those people !!!

CAFAL

Look at it like this.... you have five bags with ten parcel in them. Say fifty stops. Why would they pay $30 an hour and pension DRpension contributions to us when they can get paid by the government?