SurePost Upgrade Available to Consignee?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Photog, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I noticed on a shipment today that I was offered the opportunity to upgrade in a MyChoice notification e-mail:
    We've received a package(s) for delivery to you shipped using a UPS service that is not eligible for UPS My Choice features because final delivery is being provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
    For immediate access to your UPS My Choice features, select the Upgrade Now button to request delivery by UPS ($3.50 fee applies).

Upgraded packages will typically be delivered one day earlier.
    Now the consignee customer has the opportunity to decide the level of service.

OK, now bitch about SurePost even though the service part has been addressed.

2. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

Ok, i will. If it wasn't for Surepost, I would already be driving. HA.

3. Monkey Butt

Thank you for your support!

4. BrownBrokeDown

No problem. I do what I can.

5. Monkey Butt

That's all that can be asked for!

6. BrownBrokeDown

Now wait a minute. You were UPS management, so you know that is not all that can be asked for.

7. You've actually been able to upgrade for a while. I clerk and I see usually 4 or 5 a day

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

If you had a package coming that day anyways, wouldn't you be paying $3.50 for nothing because UPS is suppose to reroute via UPS regardless. I'm sure it would never work out that way but in theory maybe.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You are correct----if you have both a non-Surepost and a Surepost out for delivery on the same day the Surepost is supposed to be diverted and both packages delivered at the same time. If you have 3 or more Surepost those will also be diverted and delivered at the same time by us. Finally, if your neighbor is receiving a non-Surepost, your Surepost is supposed to be diverted back to us for delivery.

I wonder how many people actually decide to upgrade.

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Bingo! That extra charge is just another scam that I am sure UPS is making bundles on.

11. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Upstate, I wonder what the close proximity equals in actual distance.

12. cosmo1

We were told within a mile.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

It's not just the $3.50----they are also keeping what they would have paid to the P.O. for that package.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Good question.

15. cosmo1

Bingo x 2!

16. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Does that mean putting an address correction on pkg. or a black and white pal sticker? Trying to understand.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

The option to upgrade from Surepost to ground delivery has been available for quite some time now.

18. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

WOW
    This thread took a different direction than the OP's intent

Another point - Generally speaking, someone that has My Choice MOST LIKELY receives a lot of packages, at least enough to justify MY Choice. This could mean it would be highly likely they would receive the package via UPS.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  19. For an extra 3 cents....you can downgrade to Fedex ground!:devil3::eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

So I can find my package with no DR bag in my neighbor's yard 3 days later in the rain? Sweeet...sign me up...lol