SurePost Upgrade Available to Consignee?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I noticed on a shipment today that I was offered the opportunity to upgrade in a MyChoice notification e-mail:
We've received a package(s) for delivery to you shipped using a UPS service that is not eligible for UPS My Choice features because final delivery is being provided by the U.S. Postal Service.
For immediate access to your UPS My Choice features, select the Upgrade Now button to request delivery by UPS ($3.50 fee applies).

Upgraded packages will typically be delivered one day earlier.
Now the consignee customer has the opportunity to decide the level of service.

OK, now bitch about SurePost even though the service part has been addressed.
Hello and welcome to 7 months ago :P
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/upselling-surepost.353713/

They should just do alternate delivery days. Let it pile up for a day or two,and keep all the profit!

I can see out in the "boonies",give it to the Post Office. But in most metro area's, I think we are giving money away!

By The Book

No, but we keep the monies given to PO, which gives us more money, and less work(for drivers). CC probably can use the extra work anyways.
I say always put the work back on the routes. That way we protect the routes from getting cut. In the near future those part timers will get there chance to drive earlier. We are losing their more productive years the longer they're held back.

By The Book

I don't think that is right.The town I deliver is only 3 sq miles.If that was the case I would be delivering all of the surepost. The post office gets about 50 packages plus bags every day.
are there any sure post packages that you are currently delivering that are 10 lbs or more, or over 3 cubic feet? Yes, I feel when the close proximity comes into play I hope you get all those back on car. The question I have will it be close proximity to another stop we have or some other criteria.