SurePost Upgrade Available to Consignee?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't think that is right.The town I deliver is only 3 sq miles.If that was the case I would be delivering all of the surepost. The post office gets about 50 packages plus bags every day.
One of the PO stops I load gets about 50 pieces plus 7 or 8 bags a day...roughly 175-200 pieces total...that's an extra route right there!

They should just do alternate delivery days. Let it pile up for a day or two,and keep all the profit!

I can see out in the "boonies",give it to the Post Office. But in most metro area's, I think we are giving money away!
They should just do alternate delivery days. Let it pile up for a day or two,and keep all the profit!

I can see out in the "boonies",give it to the Post Office. But in most metro area's, I think we are giving money away!
By the Book!, you disagree with me why??

By The Book

By the Book!, you disagree with me why??
I'm a driver/ shop steward. My position is to always put the work on routes. I'm only looking out for my work and all the part timers who are wanting to go driving. Ups already found a way to get this work off package cars,some because of services other companies offer, some I feel they got away with because they do what they want sometimes until they get caught. They make plenty of profit, but they don't need to be greedy. I'm out in some of those rural areas., if you take those away it equals route cutting, period.

I'm a driver/ shop steward. My position is to always put the work on routes. I'm only looking out for my work and all the part timers who are wanting to go driving. Ups already found a way to get this work off package cars,some because of services other companies offer, some I feel they got away with because they do what they want sometimes until they get caught. They make plenty of profit, but they don't need to be greedy. I'm out in some of those rural areas., if you take those away it equals route cutting, period.
In those rural areas,I can see them giving a few packages to the Post Office. I got a few bulk stops, where the postman (woman) delivers more Surepost, than I deliver regular packages to! It's all about the M O N E Y

upschuck

Rural remote made sense until mgt began using it as a dispatch tool.
That is why it was put into place was to add more work onto you and cut routes. I bet on Fridays, there was double+ the amount of rural remotes then any other day. The drivers used it to dispatch themselves light days.

By The Book

In those rural areas,I can see them giving a few packages to the Post Office. I got a few bulk stops, where the postman (woman) delivers more Surepost, than I deliver regular packages to! It's all about the M O N E Y
I've, your first sentence I disagree with, your second sentence I disagree with, your third sentence I disagree with, your sentence on metro, I completely agree with. I'm going to hit you with an agree because partially I do. I'm talking about the post you wanted me to explain. Now on this post here I still disagree with rural, and don't understand the bulk stops where the post office delivers more sure post than you deliver more regular pkgs to. I thought a regular pkg. pulled the sure post back to the driver?

upschuck

I've, your first sentence I disagree with, your second sentence I disagree with, your third sentence I disagree with, your sentence on metro, I completely agree with. I'm going to hit you with an agree because partially I do. I'm talking about the post you wanted me to explain. Now on this post here I still disagree with rural, and don't understand the bulk stops where the post office delivers more sure post than you deliver more regular pkgs to. I thought a regular pkg. pulled the sure post back to the driver?

If it weren't for surepost, how many of those packages do you think that we would get? I'm sure, not many of the Amazon, because they ship FedEx and mail, and am sure that they would get those because it is cheaper. The other large shippers that use surepost are after low cost, as well, and would probably go elsewhere if cheaper. Especially rural areas that have a delivery area surcharge of over $3, we wouldn't be getting many of them which would impact all types of UPS personnel. DAS plus the Res charge and a delivery to rural res would cost $6+ more than our competitors.

Anthonysg0113

The only reason Surepost/Smartpost exists is prolong the post office's eventual demise. When I deliver a package to a customer and the tell me "Wow!, I can't believe UPS can get this here in a day ground and I have to wait another couple days in one coming Surepost!" Then I have to cut in to my short lunch break to explain.

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Does that mean putting an address correction on pkg. or a black and white pal sticker? Trying to understand.
We get two stickers. One to cover up the post office address with the customers and then a bar code to change from Surepost to ground. The night clerk can also change it but in that case you get the single label with the customers address. We've had issues with rural post offices at my center and we've done that so they get delivered instead of playing games with the post office. Hope this helps!

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

We get two stickers. One to cover up the post office address with the customers and then a bar code to change from Surepost to ground. The night clerk can also change it but in that case you get the single label with the customers address. We've had issues with rural post offices at my center and we've done that so they get delivered instead of playing games with the post office. Hope this helps!

Sent using BrownCafe App
My post office used to be open until 4:30. Now they close at noon. I break to make service, but think it would be easier if they address corrected them to the homes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only reason Surepost/Smartpost exists is prolong the post office's eventual demise. When I deliver a package to a customer and the tell me "Wow!, I can't believe UPS can get this here in a day ground and I have to wait another couple days in one coming Surepost!" Then I have to cut in to my short lunch break to explain.

Why do you feel the need to explain? "Thank you, have a nice day" and move on to the next stop.