SurePost Upgrade Available to Consignee?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not even RPS (FedEx Ground) does that anymore. Makes sense on paper unless you are the customer waiting an extra 2 or 3 days.

When I had my country run there was a very small town which was 5 miles away from another small town. There were very few packages for the very small town and it made little sense to make the 10 mile round trip for fewer than 5 packages. Most of the people in the very small town either worked or shopped in the small town so it was not uncommon for us to indirect those packages there. Any packages we could not indirect would be held until it was "cost effective" to run them off. Management then decided to take the decision process away and began holding entire towns in the building. I would try to pick through those packages to see what I could get rid of but was told to leave them there. The "service" was discontinued shortly thereafter.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
  • When I had my country run there was a very small town which was 5 miles away from another small town. There were very few packages for the very small town and it made little sense to make the 10 mile round trip for fewer than 5 packages. Most of the people in the very small town either worked or shopped in the small town so it was not uncommon for us to indirect those packages there. Any packages we could not indirect would be held until it was "cost effective" to run them off. Management then decided to take the decision process away and began holding entire towns in the building. I would try to pick through those packages to see what I could get rid of but was told to leave them there. The "service" was discontinued shortly thereafter.

They did the same thing on my route. They would pull a section regardless of the package's service level. I pulled out several 2nd day and 3 day and almost got fired for my troubles. Rural remote became a total numbers game instead of useful tool.

oldngray

nowhere special
They did the same thing on my route. They would pull a section regardless of the package's service level. I pulled out several 2nd day and 3 day and almost got fired for my troubles. Rural remote became a total numbers game instead of useful tool.

Yeah they would hold most packages in an area then send the driver there to run a couple of 2nd days. It reduced stops on paper but didn't save any money.

By The Book

It always seems to go this way. The more us drivers try to give mgmt these tips to save time, the more they try to indirect without us knowing. The end result is the center runs the same number of routes with say 400 more pkgs than the previous days volume. We were told they weren't going to run less routes with Orion, it was just going to lower our paid day. How's that working out for us now.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

My post office used to be open until 4:30. Now they close at noon. I break to make service, but think it would be easier if they address corrected them to the homes.
Let your address correction guy know. May be able to help if you have days where you know there will be issues making it in time. I've done it for some of our rural guys. Won't do it everyday. Don't want to get in trouble. But we can give it a try.

Sent using BrownCafe App