surepost

The prompt is only when you have 3 or more going to the same address----right?

The only time I got the prompt , is when I put a package in prerecord. ill try to explain. Say I have 1 ground and 1 surepost for 123 Main st and the customer isnt home. I also have a stop for 127 Main St and they sign for both stops. Then ill get the Post Office prompt.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a PO in a village that typically gets one package a day and all of the stops are in the village, none are rural. Many times I just deliver to the house. It's faster then wading thru social hour at the Post Office.

This will cause a prompt because the package is in EDD as addressed to the PO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are the packages in bags? Are you dumping the bags out and delivering the individual packages? Doesn't this negate the efforts of the small sort in bagging and labeling? What do you do about the label on the bag? Doesn't your PO have a rear door or loading dock for bulk deliveries?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I get that prompt all the time. Even if it's one Surepost package. Has anyone noticed the wording of the prompt changed a few months ago? It used to ask something like "Are you delivering to a DDU approved location?" Now it says "Are you at a post office?" I guess the old prompt was confusing a lot of drivers and they were getting a lot if false "yes" answers.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Are the packages in bags? Are you dumping the bags out and delivering the individual packages? Doesn't this negate the efforts of the small sort in bagging and labeling? What do you do about the label on the bag? Doesn't your PO have a rear door or loading dock for bulk deliveries?

The situation I am referring to is when my post office gets 1 single package, which is typical for that PO. More than one I deliver the pkgs and bags as per methods.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Upstate everything is also based off of projected stops. So if u have a projected surepost and regular stop for an address the surepost will ge flipped to u. Even if the projected package doesn't show up. This is how sometimes u can end up with a single package for an address.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have been told to hit "no " every time it prompts. I have 5 post offices. Told to deliver as many surepost to the post office as possible. It can save me 20-30 miles a day. By not driving way out to the boondocks for a surepost package

Chnandler Bong

One of the routes I run covers 7 small towns, 6 of which have their own post offices. Trying to work around their weird hours is almost impossible and means running extra miles to break off and backtrack later. I've been instructed to deliver to houses, even if that means busting open a bag, to make service. I change the address in the diad to the consignee rather than the post office and select no accordingly. I usually only have to do this for few packages a week, but I can see that changing over the next couple months. It just makes good business sense. Running an extra 20 miles to chase down post office hours usually costs more than just delivering them directly...plus we don't have to share that revenue.

3 done 3 to go

One of the routes I run covers 7 small towns, 6 of which have their own post offices. Trying to work. around their weird hours is almost impossible and means running extra miles to break off and backtrack later. I've been instructed to deliver to houses, even if that means busting open a bag, to make service. I change the address in the diad to the consignee rather than the post office and select no accordingly. I usually only have to do this for few packages a week, but I can see that changing over the next couple months. It just makes good business sense. Running an extra 20 miles to chase down post office hours usually costs more than just delivering them directly...plus we don't have to share that revenue.

Yes. I also have to do this. I just spoke with my dispatcher this morning. That my last 2 post offices will not be bagged. I am delivering straight to the customer. 4xmas

Yes. Upstate. I am instructed to hit "no ". For every prompt I get. Or, my name pops up on their bad boy list.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes. I also have to do this. I just spoke with my dispatcher this morning. That my last 2 post offices will not be bagged. I am delivering straight to the customer. 4xmas

Yes. Upstate. I am instructed to hit "no ". For every prompt I get. Or, my name pops up on their bad boy list.

if u are hitting no while at a post office u are falsifying records. In which case you do not have to work as directed.

3 done 3 to go

if u are. hitting no while at a post office u are falsifying records. In which case you do not have to work as directed.

My Stewart knows. I just do what they tell me. I let them make all decisions. When they say stop I will. It will be fine with me. I will lose 5-10 stops more. Believe me I cover my :censored2:. On everything