Surpassed $90k

over9five

Staff member
We've got some local runs that average maybe 9 hours a day, definitely not the norm though and most drivers don't want them.
I wouldn't want them either. Too much OT.
My job is basically an 8 hour job, unless there's overloads or Peak.

Overpaid Union Thug

I feel like I lost out on lots of family time with the hours I worked but apparently some of you got me beat. Hows the cots you sleep on at the centers feel? LOL!

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I will hit 107K this year in package, and our feeder drivers out here make no less than 120K. 93K in WLA is what slackers earn. (humor :peaceful:)

TOS.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I made about $83K this year for leaving cardboard boxes next to people's doors. I try to avoid as much overtime as I can, I did make 4K more than last year.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
$92,000 here . I made $13,000 more than 2012!!! I;d preferv not to work so much,but until the company changes the Business Model of cut cut cut i'm not holding out any hope. I'll just keep filing excessive OT grievances

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
$66,000 the phrase that doesnt pay is "Got any extra drivers? Code me 21."

peak was smooooth this year. Got my 8 hr gurantee twice in december!

One day We streeted all planed drivers when volume was 2000 short and we came in with the lowest paid day in the district. Too bad no one from corporate was paying attention and we'll be right back to understaffing and summer "peak"

Sent using BrownCafe App

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I just added all my hours up from last week (last check is the year) and according to my calculations I reached $90,203.00 for the year. And I'm not even in feeders. I didn't think I'd break $84k but this was a rough year. Of course a few over 9.5 grievances in excess off $1400.00 and working the day after thanksgiving really helped. ;)

With that said.....I can't makeup all of the family time I missed throughout the year and would rather have had a few more hours with them each week. Lets all hope UPS dials back the OT in 2014. Money isn't everything.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Hit that milestone sometime last month.
Will be over 100k for the fourth year in a row.
Lots of hours peddling parcels but many paid as bonus also.
Looking forward to getting on the 9.5 list next week.

brett636

Every full year in feeders my yearly gross has not been less than $95k. Came within $600 of breaking $100k last year year, but will be a couple thousand short this year due to working less overtime.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'll be well over 110k in package. Kids are in bed by 9 every night M-friend, no reason to rush home to see that. Wife works when she wants and when it doesn't interfere with after school activities they have. Weekends we try to do things together, it means more when we do things.

As for things I miss out on like sports and whatnot, if it's an important day, I just call out using option days as I can never count on management giving a dispatch that will facilitate me getting to a time sensitive event during the week. I watch nearly zero TV and work out after work if its not a 12+ hr day.

The last 5-10 years here, as planned days got longer, I tried to "make it happen" in order to do everything family oriented, this caused more stress than good as I was nearly always rushing to do everything from work, to getting home, to getting to the event. I found myself not enjoying life and figured out I either need to accept the fact we have no life during the week, or find another job. I decided to stay and use the money I make to allow my family to do more with less time I have, and enjoy the time more when I'm there by not having any financial stress or spousal work stress to deal with.

Long story short, find a balance that works for you, or quit and find a job that will allow you to spend what you feel as the correct amount of time with your family. Either way, don't be miserable and do neither, that's when your family life will really suffer.

phox1515

*drools over the enormous salaries* someday I wish I could make that much, but I doubt it as i'm aiming for a non medical career in a zoo, might get to 30-40k someday. I just don't see myself with a career in ups, the job is good and all just not what I enjoy doing most.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I was a kid.....parents and other adults never spoke of what they made...it was considered tacky !!

I'll bet I was 6 when I knew this. What you make a year is your own private business........de'classe'.