suspended and need advice?

fres431

American disability act of 93 covers alcoholics. One can not be fired for being a alcoholism. Do homework on this before you go to panel.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is a difference in coming to work drunk and get busted for it, as opposed to going to management and telling them you have a problem and you want to get help for it. It's easy (and convenient) to yell alcoholic once your BAC is .24.

Skeeters

I was suspended. I was on the job and was suspected of alcohol after being there 5 hours. Was tested and blew positive. They suspended me and drove me home. I had my my local hearing after a week and a half and now after two months I am still waiting for my state hearing. Since then I have joined AA and have been clean for 6 weeks. I also started a rehab program. I have been with the company for 14 years. This is my first violation. Union is saying the company is wanting me to resign and not keep fighting and if I do I won't have a bad reference and I might get unemployment. I want to fight it and get my job back. My state hearing is scheduled now but my union rep is advising me to resign what should I do? Do you think its possible?. Any suggestions?

If your union rep is advising you to resign that means the union isn't going to fight for you. If the company is not going to make this known and not give you a bad reference and you will be able to collect unemployment, you might ought to think about it...

You have to let the company know before you get caught that you have a drinking problem and go to rehab...

I sorry to say it doesn't look good...

Skeeters

I know men that have gotten DUI in their personnel vehicles and took them a few months but got to go back to driving. But I don't know about drinking on the job. I wish you well my friend. Prayers and thoughts coming your way. Just remember how ever this works out learn from it and become a better man from it...

RxL

Anyone here from this guy ? I don't think he should be out on the road, what if he crashed into your kids car ? All these guys out here saying "fight fight" ok fight man to get help but not to keep the job ..... Put the big boy pants on realize you have a problem and move on. Sometimes in life there are no second chances; I'm sorry for the lack of empathy but most drunk drivers when they get caught it wasn't the first time they drove in that condition.