Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by otizanig, Aug 31, 2015.

1. otizanig

otizanig New Member

Got a letter from the company that I will receive a 3 day suspension (something I will not get into for the reason why, and welcome the time off anyway ). How long does the company have to get this started/completed in ( i.e. a month, two months, a year)? Also does the company need to tell me in a day advanced or I just walk in for normal start time and they say go home?
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Something I will not get into for the reason why and welcome the time off anyway" tells me that you knew the suspension was coming. Enjoy your unpaid time off.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Derail Derail x 2
    • List
  3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Did you file a grievance on this discipline? All of that should have been explained to you during that process.
  4. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Not sure there is a limit of time; my center manager waived my one day suspension after (he says) corp made him give it
  5. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Just call your boss and tell him your gonna start your suspension today
    That should work
  6. otizanig

otizanig New Member

Not gonna poke a sleeping bear if it happens it happens. Just don't want to be surprised 8 months down the road.
  7. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

No 1st you file on the letter. Then you wait a week -2 tops. Then file again on them harrassing you with the 1st letter. It will likely be on a Tues or wed. Always seems those are the days people are processed in and out. With punishment. Just learn from your mistake. Don't do it again.
  8. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Ask them for the week before Christmas.
  9. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

We HAD a driver get a warning ltr for too many attendance infractions.

Then he took off again and they scheduled him for a hearing.

The day of the hearing he called off.
    I still laugh about that.
  10. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

That is pretty funny actually
  11. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

A suspension is a punishment?
  12. rod

rod retired and happy

I was suspended once for 2 days-- Wed and Thurs. The center manager called me at home Tuesday evening and asked if it would be ok with me if I was suspended Thurs and Fri instead because he was really short handed Wed. I opted for the 4 day weekend. Nothing like a 4 day weekend punishment.