Suspension for Attendance.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
WOw some places get paid Sick days and not for FT?
I know our FT people get something like SIck days... He said he was a sorter so I assume part time.
Crazy how things are different all over...

I'm pretty confident that all PTers get sick days, but in some regions (locals?) membership has voted to accept an additional week of vacation paid at 25 hours in lieu of sick days.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
my mistake i meant to say October. I intended to just drop it and improve my attendance but my steward and BA recommend i file so when i go driving it would show that i grieved and somehow be in my favor; in his words "it shows you gave a damn". I do show up for work i have been having some medical issues that impeded me from showing up to work twice i called right before start time. since the suspension i have been showing up everyday 20 min before start time. i really don't want to lose my job. I was never written up for attendance before because i bust my ass and they saw it so i had some leniency with the center manager but recently i had to file a seniority grievance because they were putting me to unload while they replaced me with a new hire. Before i filed i confronted our center manager about it she simply told me if i didn't like it i could quit. long story short i plan to file grieve on anything i think is just and will continue to file a grievance on EVERY warning and suspension in the future.

So as an employee you thought it was right to "confront" your manager...cause it's okay to do that. So you thought you were the smart one and would file on anything that is "just"

Now the center manager used a little piece of the same "just" contract you spoke of and you are upset and wondering who the hell smacked you in the head when you were not looking.

Wise up - come to work, leave drama at home, do your 3.5 hours and go home...its to easy.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
WOw some places get paid Sick days and not for FT?
I know our FT people get something like SIck days... He said he was a sorter so I assume part time.
Crazy how things are different all over...
In the Central Region, we used to get 5 paid sick days. They renegotiated them into an "option week." We get an extra week of vacation, can break them up into single days or get paid out for them.

I usually take the pay for them and then basically have 5 paid sick days since I already have the money.

UpsAngel

Im from Western region, so. california. For my first year i got the following:
VAC 20.00 H OPD 16.00 H OPW 20.00 H OTH 28.00 H

upschuck

im fairly new and didn't not understand the sick day occurrences thin gi thought i had time to be paid out to be honest i think i mentioned this in my original post. im a hard worker i pretty much learned everything withing our hub from preload to scanner and in between.
I have received the initial verbal followed by 2 warnings and finally 1 day suspension.
So after the verbal, and two other warnings, you didn't think that you might ask someone and find out?
i really don't want to lose my job. I was never written up for attendance before because i bust my ass and they saw it so i had some leniency with the center manager but recently i had to file a seniority grievance because they were putting me to unload while they replaced me with a new hire.
Wut? See above

UpsAngel

Ha i feel right at home. I ask a question i get criticized and called a lazy ass. Im a hard worker and i see myself going far but all sudden i :censored2: up now im a good for nothing preloaders pfft. Let me guess most of are drivers. Pfft go figure. Glad to inform those perfect working drones That since this incident just like ever other warning i shaped up. I called out right before start that's where verbal,writen warning came from as for suspension came from trying to use my sick days. Never got warned about using sick days.

Ps. I am part youth that sees my generation and facepalm myself. I dont mind work i just thought different of this whole sick days call ins occurrences bull. Not going to lie watching everyone else call out constantly made want to test the waters but i think my boat flipped over now im :censored2:ed ha.

Last edited:

Rain Shield

Part timer attendance is a joke in my building. We have had people with over 100 no call no shows in the last year. I am sure I will be called out on that statement, but it is 100% true.

What kills me is when it finally catches up with the company and they want to perform discipline on certain employee's.

Let's see. Joe blow did not show up today. Let's suspend him. Who cares if Julie has had over 100 no call no shows, let's give Joe Blow a warning letter for being out 10 days.

Unbelievable, I know.

UpsAngel

Part timer attendance is a joke in my building. We have had people with over 100 no call no shows in the last year. I am sure I will be called out on that statement, but it is 100% true.

What kills me is when it finally catches up with the company and they want to perform discipline on certain employee's.

Let's see. Joe blow did not show up today. Let's suspend him. Who cares if Julie has had over 100 no call no shows, let's give Joe Blow a warning letter for being out 10 days.

Unbelievable, I know.
I chose this path. once you file a grievance and its sticks. Better stay in line alls i gonna says.

UPSGUY72

finally some real advice. unlike some sour overworked drones in here.

Well we know your not over worked as you can't show up to do any work.

My advice would be to grow up and show up to work. No matter what job you have whether it be at UPS or somewhere else you need to show up to work in order to keep it. Your either going to learn that the easy way the hard way. Cehck back with us next year and let us know how things are working out.

UpsAngel

Well we know your not over worked as you can't show up to do any work.

My advice would be to grow up and show up to work. No matter what job you have whether it be at UPS or somewhere else you need to show up to work in order to keep it. Your either going to learn that the easy way the hard way. Cehck back with us next year and let us know how things are working out.
I will check in everyday ha . Here to stay,ups and center manager i kinda like it here.

Glad to inform i have been coming everyday 30min early to have my coffee at my station. But i would like to inform my center manager was upset that i was filing a grievance during break while walking back to the Stewart and she snatch the paper out my hand! I get in here face(alredy upset) politely asked her for my paper back. she refused told me to go back to my station and wait for break to be over. Again, i asked her politely (upset as can be and it showed). Finally she handed it back and commanded i the way i came when my station was in the direction she did not want me to go. So i just cut through the middle to get trough my station i could still see her standing there with her hands on her hips shaking her head. You guys have no idea how my center manager is like she Has 0% respect for the employees and makes it known either yelling at you or insulting you. Reason im telling you this Is to paint a picture how my for next story.

i filled for seniority issues before the whole suspension thing. she pulled me in her office and tried to intimidate me by saying "between you me and you and the union you aint never gonna win, you get me?" i just smiled and agreed. After this, i no longer associated with any super or management the same way again. This also explains my "retaliation attitude" i have against them not the suspension, thats my fault.