Suspension for fuel leak

UPSGUY72

We
Don't either but I made them drive 70 miles to bring me a truck once because I was low on fuel. Magically I got a fuel card the next day.

Last winter they brought me out a car not filled up and sent me out in the sticks. I ran out of gas on the Mass pike 6 miles from the building at 8:00 at night they had to send the mechanic out with a couple of cans of gas. Nothing like free money.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Driver on a high mileage route who has run out of fuel in the past tops the tank off before leaving yard, and some fuel is seen leaking out under the closed fuel cap when pulling from yard, and is now facing discipline.

Thoughts?
Sounds like a manager that is a few warning letters short of meeting his quota for the week.

10 point

Driver on a high mileage route who has run out of fuel in the past tops the tank off before leaving yard, and some fuel is seen leaking out under the closed fuel cap when pulling from yard, and is now facing discipline.

Thoughts?
The company must have had ups environmental audit folks there that day.

There's been three times (two this year) that management has knowingly sent Drivers out to deliver in trucks that were leaking fuel.

Future

Victory Ride
Had a driver run out of fuel 20 miles from the building close to a truck stop. I asked the driver later why he did not stop and put $10 or $20 in the tank (diesel was less then a dollar a gal.) told me he did not think UPS would reimburse him. Instead it was a $300.00 tow bill. No discipline.
Had a replacement truck for me while mine was getting serviced. It was a newer p1000. Gas gauge read full when I looked at it b4 leaving. Was satisfied it was full. Did not do a proper pre-trip by physically checking. MY stupidity.....towards end of day truck started sputtering... made it to a gas station in the nick of time.....put 10 dollars in and was releaved......lessen well learned!

oldngray

nowhere special
The gas gauges in old trucks were notoriously unreliable. Many didn't work at all, so visually checking the fuel level was important. The gauges in the newer trucks mostly work so drivers get in the habit of not stopping to check. Especially if someone else drove that truck the day before you should never trust them to have refueled. I never had a bad gas cap but I did get seam leaks on my gas tank a couple of times. I noticed it in the morning when I saw the puddle next to my truck. I wouldn't notice it driving down the road.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I had my country run the fuel gauge in the pkg car was less than reliable so I would refuel every day and write down the ending mileage on the DVIR. If I noticed that someone had used the car that night I would top off the tank in the morning before starting my route just to make sure I would have enough fuel to last the day. I have a city run with a brand new pkg car but I still write down the ending odometer just to make sure.

What'dyabringmetoday???

When I had my country run the fuel gauge in the pkg car was less than reliable so I would refuel every day and write down the ending mileage on the DVIR. If I noticed that someone had used the car that night I would top off the tank in the morning before starting my route just to make sure I would have enough fuel to last the day. I have a city run with a brand new pkg car but I still write down the ending odometer just to make sure.
Thank you for all that you do. The company won't be the same when you retire in 2019 with your condo paid off and contemplate paying some student loans and the possibility of being a helper. Really- who would ever consider filling up with fuel each day? We will miss you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Cool Story!

UPS4Life

Thank you for all that you do. The company won't be the same when you retire in 2019 with your condo paid off and contemplate paying some student loans and the possibility of being a helper. Really- who would ever consider filling up with fuel each day? We will miss you.
We have 3 or 4 "fueler/washers" who fuel the package cars on night shift and run then through the wash tunnel before parking them inside..... Everyday

Sent using BrownCafe App