Suspension

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Just today I was hvy. and looking for P2 hlp. Asked disp. for help twice. In the afternoon, I get a mess. that my disp. called my mgr. who said there was no P2 hlp. avail and I was looking at dropping and going back out. (that's fine w/me)

But, a little while later, I asked my neighboring CRR to grab 2 easy pups on his way in and I find out they already cleared him. 45 Mins. before we have to be in.

SmithBarney

Just today I was hvy. and looking for P2 hlp. Asked disp. for help twice. In the afternoon, I get a mess. that my disp. called my mgr. who said there was no P2 hlp. avail and I was looking at dropping and going back out. (that's fine w/me)

But, a little while later, I asked my neighboring CRR to grab 2 easy pups on his way in and I find out they already cleared him. 45 Mins. before we have to be in.

I've found more and more that many CRRs I work with are self serving and won't help anyone but themselves. And this is exactly why we would never be able to vote a union in, Senior employees have their pay...they aren't going to help anyone else. Ask a PM CRR to hit one AM P1 on the way out, reply "I don't go that way" Try the next day with another P1 for help "I don't go that way either.." (guess what there are only two ways to your area)

Our dispatch is not supposed to clear a route if our manager determines someone needs help. But the odd part is all the senior couriers are allowed to clear and back while the newer ones are out struggling.

Purplepackage

Our dispatch is not supposed to clear a route if our manager determines someone needs help. But the odd part is all the senior couriers are allowed to clear and back while the newer ones are out struggling.
I see this so much on Saturdays at my station. Senior courier signs up to work to get some OT, they then dump stops on a new courier and some how the new guy is taking out 30 stops spread in 3 areas while the senior courier is taking out 17 and taking a joy ride.

But as a whole I feel there's a lot more people willing to give work than take work when someone needs help. Luckily everyone in my loop will always check in before they clear and see if anyone needs help

adhawk

They called me back to work the next day. My sm wants to hear my side of the story on Monday, and I called hr to have a meeting on Thursday about getting me a early transfer out.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've found more and more that many CRRs I work with are self serving and won't help anyone but themselves. And this is exactly why we would never be able to vote a union in, Senior employees have their pay...they aren't going to help anyone else. Ask a PM CRR to hit one AM P1 on the way out, reply "I don't go that way" Try the next day with another P1 for help "I don't go that way either.." (guess what there are only two ways to your area)

When you help someone else out, you're also helping Fred. That means you shouldn't do it, even if it seems the right thing to do.

Always remember that none of us mean a thing to Smith and Friends. Do the least possible in the longest amount of time you can get away with.

Harsh, but true.

It will be fine

When you help someone else out, you're also helping Fred. That means you shouldn't do it, even if it seems the right thing to do.

Always remember that none of us mean a thing to Smith and Friends. Do the least possible in the longest amount of time you can get away with.

Harsh, but true.
Or you could act like a person and help out the guy next you if it's not a big deal. To each their own, but I don't think Fred cares if you behave like a jerk to stick to him on work hours. I find it much easier to get help when I need it when I offer the same in return.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Or you could act like a person and help out the guy next you if it's not a big deal. To each their own, but I don't think Fred cares if you behave like a jerk to stick to him on work hours. I find it much easier to get help when I need it when I offer the same in return.

Fred cares about money and your productivity. I agree with "to each their own", but what I'm saying is that when you help, you're really helping Fred and his dysfunctional system. If your buddy next door goes out 30 over, it isn't your fault, or his either...it's their fault. So when you rescue your neighbor, you are perpetuating the dysfunction rather than forcing them to solve it.

It makes me ill to see all sorts of "heroes" driving like idiots trying to save service. For one, it kills your own numbers when you help someone else by breaking route, and second, it isn't worth it because your only recognition will be the assignment of additional work. Also, the incredible pay inequity between a senior topped-out courier and a less senior employee is criminal, but again, that really isn't your problem...it's Fred's. So what if Senior Courier takes out 20 SDRs and the rookie gets 40? That is a management problem. it isn't up to you to solve it for them. They need to balance the routes and confront slackers...not you.

When are some of you going to figure this out?

DontThrowPackages

Had a pick up my first stop enough boxes to fill 2 sprinters I told them I couldn't get it. They sent one guy we filled his sprinter then I left and told them I couldn't get the rest I just started my day I could not fill my truck on my first pickup. I told them to send the delivery driver over since he has a 900, he refused so I left because I could not process all packages without burning stops. So then they send me a message to go back and get them, so I said ok but now I will have late pickups and I did, but the thing was I told them at 12:30 I wouldn't fit it in my truck my route started at 3 they didn't plan anything just sat on there lazy asses doing nothing.
We had a similar situation. The Regular driver made a deliver to a stop in the morning and saw boxes going out that would easily fill up two trucks. He said nothing of course because he's one of those "do anything possible to do less as possible" couriers. So he clocks out early and the PM driver starts out on that rte in a Sprinter. The PM gets to that stop and says to the mailroom clerk he has no room for these boxes and will have to leave them. The Clerk says, "We Told THE REGULAR DRIVER!!!" PM told dispatch and took off. Dispatch told him to get as many as he could. He didn't get any. The next day, management hung their hat on the fact that PM driver didn't get "any" boxes. So PM received OLCC.
The regular drive, who was told about the boxes early that morning, received no discipline due to the fact he just simply lied and said the clerk never said anything and he did see any boxes while delivering. Through the years, one could say telling the truth is punished and lying is rewarded.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We had a similar situation. The Regular driver made a deliver to a stop in the morning and saw boxes going out that would easily fill up two trucks. He said nothing of course because he's one of those "do anything possible to do less as possible" couriers. So he clocks out early and the PM driver starts out on that rte in a Sprinter. The PM gets to that stop and says to the mailroom clerk he has no room for these boxes and will have to leave them. The Clerk says, "We Told THE REGULAR DRIVER!!!" PM told dispatch and took off. Dispatch told him to get as many as he could. He didn't get any. The next day, management hung their hat on the fact that PM driver didn't get "any" boxes. So PM received OLCC.
The regular drive, who was told about the boxes early that morning, received no discipline due to the fact he just simply lied and said the clerk never said anything and he did see any boxes while delivering. Through the years, one could say telling the truth is punished and lying is rewarded.
Well the :censored2: regular driver I'm sure heard an earful from the customer the next day or the next time he had a stop at that location.

CJinx

Dispatch told him to get as many as he could. He didn't get any.
Earned the write-up right there. It sucks that they were put in that position due to the actions of their AM counterpart, but they had a chance to do something and instead they did nothing. Now the shipper has two negative experiences with Fedex in the day instead of just one.

MAKAVELI

Earned the write-up right there. It sucks that they were put in that position due to the actions of their AM counterpart, but they had a chance to do something and instead they did nothing. Now the shipper has two negative experiences with Fedex in the day instead of just one.
Happens every day with ground drivers. Doesn't seem to affect the bottom line.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I would hope the PM driver also tore him a new one.

It would have taken him less than 10 seconds to let dispatch know and give them a chance to make service.
Used to have a PM pickup route in the same territory where a courier who had this on the AM side. We didn't get along real well and she would grab outbound packages that were called in without notifying dispatch, then I would get there and it would be an unproductive stop. I don't remember how many times I used to complain to the managers about this but they wouldn't do anything about it since she was on of their 'pets.'

That's when I stopped answering their phone calls on my day off and they couldn't understand why.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Used to have a PM pickup route in the same territory where a courier who had this on the AM side. We didn't get along real well and she would grab outbound packages that were called in without notifying dispatch, then I would get there and it would be an unproductive stop. I don't remember how many times I used to complain to the managers about this but they wouldn't do anything about it since she was on of their 'pets.'

That's when I stopped answering their phone calls on my day off and they couldn't understand why.

It's one thing to grab the outbound packages and not tell anyone-----it's quite another to see two pallets of outbound knowing full well that there would be no way the PM courier could take them all and not tell anyone.

Every once in a while I will get an OCA only to find out that they handed the package to the driver who made their delivery earlier that day. I simply cancel the OCA. Yes, it's frustrating, especially if I have to break off to make the OCA by the commit, but at least the package made service.

CJinx

Happens every day with ground drivers. Doesn't seem to affect the bottom line.
I'm not sure if you're missing the point intentionally or not but it absolutely affects the bottom line. In that scenario with the two express drivers, both were paid to make totally unproductive stops in addition to potentially placing an account in jeopardy. A ground driver doing the same thing doesn't hit our payroll but can still put off the shipper and threaten the account (BD or OTC if it was a recurring issue).

The second guy got what he deserved their insubordination; the first guy deserves to be fired.

MAKAVELI

I'm not sure if you're missing the point intentionally or not but it absolutely affects the bottom line. In that scenario with the two express drivers, both were paid to make totally unproductive stops in addition to potentially placing an account in jeopardy. A ground driver doing the same thing doesn't hit our payroll but can still put off the shipper and threaten the account (BD or OTC if it was a recurring issue).

The second guy got what he deserved their insubordination; the first guy deserves to be fired.
No, you are missing the point. This happens everyday with ground drivers. If it affects FedEx's bottom line, you'd think it wouldn't be an everyday occurrence with ground drivers.;)