Suspension

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If he stop-completed it at 1:01, it is likely that he started scanning the packages at 12:59 or 1:00 which puts the call tag in the 12:00-13:00 "forbidden zone" for NR or NM status on business deliveries. The OP committed an irrelevant data-entry error and it sounds like his supervisor was trying to meet a warning letter quota or impress some high-level visitor from Atlanta.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
If he stop-completed it at 1:01, it is likely that he started scanning the packages at 12:59 or 1:00 which puts the call tag in the 12:00-13:00 "forbidden zone" for NR or NM status on business deliveries. The OP committed an irrelevant data-entry error and it sounds like his supervisor was trying to meet a warning letter quota or impress some high-level visitor from Atlanta.

That's the thing and I know you get it. I've been instructed several times to hold off recording commercial non-delivery stops till 13:03 or so... "Just give 'em a few minutes.." 11:59 however, is totally acceptable.

DIAD training says 12:00-13:00. Period. Bet your rear end the company isn't paying claims for late air delivered at 10:30.

So, 10:30 is good. 13:00 is bad. Both are within the guidelines. They can't expect us to play semantics. It's just boxes for crying out loud.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

so ill informed and just makes things up, then posts them to give them credibility...

if its on the internet is must be true...

Good to see a supervisor at least try and hold his group accountable.

Not saying I agree with what he did, but definitely a better way to handle the "data recording error".

so ill informed and just makes things up, then posts them to give them credibility...

Not saying I agree with what he did, but definitely a better way to handle the "data recording error".
Always the drivers fault. Nobody else can do any wrong.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Atta boy.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439513429.216486.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Re-read my post.

I said what I felt was "likely." The 1:01 time got me thinking....based upon my own experience....that the driver probably made the innocent mistake of assuming that the time stamp for the delivery happened when he hit stop complete versus when he started scanning the first package.

A reasonable person would probably agree that under the conditions described...with signatures being obtained for two packages at a business and a NR1 call tag stop-completed at 1:01....our driver could have honestly believed that he was in compliance with UPS policy in regards to NR1 and NM1 business deliveries during the noon hour.

Only an idiot...or a supervisor trying to look good to his superiors on a stupid report.... would immediately suspend a driver for making such a meaningless data entry error.

ski or die

Ski or Die
did you have an earring in your nose?
I was in clerical. Stupid idea to make us wear ties everyday. Never met any customers, no need for ties. About 2 weeks after sending me home, and a meeting with BA and Management they agreed. So, no more stupid ties. It helped that the District Manager and I were friends I think.

Wizzy

Your taking into account your personal life when it doesn't matter to ups.

They offered you work. You didn't take it.

END OF STORY
Wrong wrong wrong! He showed up and was wrongfully sent home. No obligation to go back fight for pay. Stand up for for your brothers or go see if fed ex is hiring!

CoolArrow

Once you are sent home you are under no obligation to answer your phone you aren't on call the day is yours to do as you please and get paid for their dumb mistake. I've never answered my phone on a day off when work calls going back to my part time college years.

Oak

My phone has rang on a day I was scheduled off. It's like, "Get me a beer, QUICK," before I answer the phone.

onestoptogo

I know if I was sent home for no fault of my own, I'm not coming back in. I don't care if they drive to my house and beg me to come back. Why should he have to go through the expense of driving back to work and make new arrangements for taking care of his kids? This was not his fault. UPS made the mistake and they should just pay him for the day.