Swing Courier

Flaco50

Have you ever been a courier before, or off the street hire? Being a swing and never a courier is not recommended as you will be bounced around on a different route almost daily. You will also probably be working both shifts from week to week and have a different day off every week. If the station has DRA then you will have a MUCH easier time as a new swing.

I was hired off the street as full time swing 2002 in downtown Houston...it waaasss uuugggly. no training lot of lates

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
People manual states no more than 2 doubles per week may be scheduled (not that mangers look at that manual anymore)

Is that a new policy? I know when I was swing they scheduled me for 4 splits one week. Fortunately I had an offer that said different. That didn't go over very well. Lol.

Flaco50

I checked manual recently because I was po'd about my schedule and it says specifically 2 splits a week max at least in swing driver secton. I suppose they can always claim "operational needs" supersede policy

Slick silver

The only time I've had to run a dbl, heck I can't think of the last time. But usually management, which I'm surprised by will give me a heads up a week ahead of schedule.

BigWork13

The only time I've had to run a dbl, heck I can't think of the last time. But usually management, which I'm surprised by will give me a heads up a week ahead of schedule.
How far in advance do you know your schedule and what days you have off add are working as a swing?

Purplepackage

How far in advance do you know your schedule and what days you have off add are working as a swing?

Schedule should be posted every Wednesday. We don't have any swings who work Saturday as a normal day so I wouldn't know how your days off will work. Usually in November and decemeber even as a swing your schedule won't change because no one is on vacation and your basically over flow for 2 months

Slick silver

Usually a week like he said, only time I work a dbl is when a pm route is open by either personal day or vacation on the same route area as the am route.

BigWork13

Schedule should be posted every Wednesday. We don't have any swings who work Saturday as a normal day so I wouldn't know how your days off will work. Usually in November and decemeber even as a swing your schedule won't change because no one is on vacation and your basically over flow for 2 months
So what does overflow mean? I assumed I would have a ton of hours those months because it would be the busy season?

Flaco50

What's a schedule????