Swing Courier

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So what does overflow mean? I assumed I would have a ton of hours those months because it would be the busy season?

FedEx wants you to work when they need you. When they don't need you, they don't want you. This is critical for anyone new to understand. So, at Peak, they'll happily work you 60 hours per week and pressure you to be FT and part of the "team". After peak, they'll be begging you to work minimum hours or even waive minimums and encourage you to take LWOP.

It's a one-way street named Fred S. This is why you need to learn policy and use their own policies against them when they pressure you...and they will. Remember, Code 43 is your friend, and never bow to them "requiring" you to call a "Weather Line" or some other BS.

Your best move is to find another place to work. Seriously. FedEx sucks in every way possible.

BigWork13

FedEx wants you to work when they need you. When they don't need you, they don't want you. This is critical for anyone new to understand. So, at Peak, they'll happily work you 60 hours per week and pressure you to be FT and part of the "team". After peak, they'll be begging you to work minimum hours or even waive minimums and encourage you to take LWOP.

It's a one-way street named Fred S. This is why you need to learn policy and use their own policies against them when they pressure you...and they will. Remember, Code 43 is your friend, and never bow to them "requiring" you to call a "Weather Line" or some other BS.

Your best move is to find another place to work. Seriously. FedEx sucks in every way possible.
What is LWOP? And how can they waive the minimum? Does it really slow down that much in non peak time?

Flaco50

LWOP IS leave with out pay.minimum is waived if your gonna b under 35 hours and u turn down work... Like a pup route Friday night. B advised if ur m- :censored2: must be offered work m- :censored2: don't have to work Saturday to save minimum hours

l22

You would have to be a dummy to follow it

I'd say you would have to be a dummy NOT to follow it. We all WAD. If they have given you a map, with stops placed in order they should be done, plotted on the map - just follow it exactly and don't think much about it. If it doesn't work as well as you could have done without following it, you should still follow the less efficient map, considering that's what they want. Who cares. Let them do the route planning, they're not paying us enough for us to.

BigWork13

Ok last question. If I have to work a split shift totaling 11 hours, 6am and 5 pm. If its the same day, does that still count as overtime?

AutoDG

What's the pay rate increase from a courier to a swing? I'm wondering if I should wait for the 6% pay bump then take a PT swing. It'll put me in the lower $20's per hour. Or if I took it before the 6% raise would I then just get a rate increase for a swing driver then a 3% because I'll be at bottom rate?

outtatime

What's the pay rate increase from a courier to a swing? I'm wondering if I should wait for the 6% pay bump then take a PT swing. It'll put me in the lower $20's per hour. Or if I took it before the 6% raise would I then just get a rate increase for a swing driver then a 3% because I'll be at bottom rate?

I believe a swing makes about .80 to $1 more an hour. Still not worth it to me. And there are no PT swings, defeats the purpose.

whenIgetthere

I believe a swing makes about .80 to $1 more an hour. Still not worth it to me. And there are no PT swings, defeats the purpose.

But remember, when and if you 'downgrade' to courier, you will lose much more. I went back to being a swing a few years ago, got and extra 67 cents/hour. Took a FT route 18 months later and lost $2.10/hour!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
But remember, when and if you 'downgrade' to courier, you will lose much more. I went back to being a swing a few years ago, got and extra 67 cents/hour. Took a FT route 18 months later and lost $2.10/hour!

That doesnt even sound right. Did you have them double check? Something like that happened to me when I stepped down from cover to regular courier years ago and they had to pay me back pay for about a year.

whenIgetthere

That doesn't even sound right. Did you have them double check? Something like that happened to me when I stepped down from cover to regular courier years ago and they had to pay me back pay for about a year.

Better yet, I was still being used as a swing on Mondays, doing my new route T-friend till they figured out what route I would get on Saturday, for eight weeks. So they continued to pay me as a swing. Then, I get a letter from hacks crossing road stating I owe THEM pay because I wasn't officially a swing anymore. I told my manager to tell them to screw, then they told me I would be terminated if I didn't sign the letter allowing them to take the pay back. GFT'd it, knowing I would lose, and I did.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Better yet, I was still being used as a swing on Mondays, doing my new route T-friend till they figured out what route I would get on Saturday, for eight weeks. So they continued to pay me as a swing. Then, I get a letter from hacks crossing road stating I owe THEM pay because I wasn't officially a swing anymore. I told my manager to tell them to screw, then they told me I would be terminated if I didn't sign the letter allowing them to take the pay back. GFT'd it, knowing I would lose, and I did.

That sucks. PSP philosophy at work once again.