Swing driver premium to vanish in the near future

Myort

The premium that might go away is the $.30/hr that was added on in 2008 as a way to attract more people to become swings and help retain swing drivers. This shows up on the paycheck just like a shift premium did.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I sure hope all of you are wrong. I'm gettin ready to sign my life away, again. Good thing I don't have rose colored glasses on. I'm fully aware of the screwing I willbe getting on a daily basis. :-(

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think I lucked up...we don't even have ROADS here. Which makes me believe they will be closing this location eventually. But who'd be a swing without the premium?

The swings will just be the constant influx of new hires who then eventually quit or move on, they do not need experienced swings with DRA....

vantexan

Do you guys think the majority of swings do it for the money or they get bored easily?

First swing for me was to go FT. 2nd time was to get into an area that I wouldn't get otherwise with my seniority. It's the best way for low seniority couriers to transfer, although being a 4X10 cover is good too with less hassle.

whenIgetthere

Do you guys think the majority of swings do it for the money or they get bored easily?

I thinks it's a combination of the two. Half the swings at my station like the changes everyday, the rest can't wait to bid on a FT route. I figure the average station has 8 to 10 swings, some alot more, some alot less. 30 cents x 12 hours x 10 swings is 36 bucks a day, that should get Fred to his 1.7 billion, I guess!

RTURNSONLY

Most swings I know do it just waiting for the "right" FT route open up, then bid on it. They hate the fact of basically not knowing where they'll be throw on a daily basis. At my station, managers' do with them how they please. The money incentive is not enough.

Guapo

I left swinging to a regular route and don't care for it. I'll go back to swing soon as I can because of boredom. Unless I can move on to greener pastures sooner.