Swing Incentives??

SmithBarney

Last I heard, swings got somewhere in the 1.00-1.50 more range. But, that was 10 years ago.

People at the local level can't 'play with your hourly rate'. Once you're in the system as a swing, the computer kicks in what you should be making.

I think it depends where you are in your % of range, if you are topped out you get the full $2 swing pay including the $0.30 premium

And actually if your manager doesn't select you properly in the system you may not get that extra $.30 premium

PurpleJuiceBox

Has anyone heard anything about anything actually going to happen to the swing pay, since they are taking the extra .30 away with these new raises. They are making it more and more difficult to stay a swing.

Swngdrvr

Has anyone heard anything about anything actually going to happen to the swing pay, since they are taking the extra .30 away with these new raises. They are making it more and more difficult to stay a swing.

Is it for sure that the .30 is going away? Haven't head anything about that from any other swings at my station.

Buhryein

We were told today it was gone...

Supposedly the 30¢ went into your base to then determine your placement in the step system, so technically it went away but it was used to possibly put you in a higher step, worked out for a full step up for my friend this way if it wasn't added into his base then he would have wound up with only the 3%.

So it's gone but it went into your base rates.

SmithBarney

Where it should've been all along.

Problem is if you were going to be more than 30 cents away from the next step anyway then it doesn't help you at all.

This step system is just yet another screw job.

True, but if you were less than 30cents, it did help you. There is quite a bit of noise being made regarding where <10yr folks are landing
in the steps.. while I'm glad there is some sort of system now(if it stays) maybe something will still be done...