Swing-out barn doors or Roll-up garage door?

Which Rear Door Style do you prefer?

• Total voters

Tiny Panda

Our roller doors were all removed and replaced with barn doors about 10 years ago. The rollers were noisy, hard to open and leaked like the Exxon Valdez

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have a driver that we recently nicknamed "Nine Five". This isn't because of being over dispatched, its because he recently came back to work from an injury. He cut off the tip of one of his fingers while shutting a rear door.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Ouch! I just came back to work Wednesday after being off for 10 weeks after surgery to repair blown out tendon pulleys on my right middle finger.Saw pictures of this work on the web and I'm glad I wasn't around to see it. How in the hell did he manage that?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How in the hell did he manage that?

I don't know what kind of the door it was or how exactly the driver did it, I wasn't paying much attention in the PCM when my center manager went over it. The first time I opened one of the new disappearing doors, I left the key in the lock and broke it when it slid into the rear side.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I don't know what kind of the door it was or how exactly the driver did it, I wasn't paying much attention in the PCM when my center manager went over it. The first time I opened one of the new disappearing doors, I left the key in the lock and broke it when it slid into the rear side.

If the latch cable breaks on a rollup door, DO NOT use your finger to depress the latch in order to raise it from the inside. Use a pen or something.