Swinging at night

Grey

Passed my 30 a few weeks ago. Now I'm lucky to get the same route twice. It's getting dark around 430 so my resi is taking forever. Any tips for improving time cause using maps take forever on new routes when it's pitch black.

Other than not taking a break during daylight time I got nothing lol. Thx.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Get a headlamp and stop over reacting, sun sets at 5:40 as of today. Sucks to be at the bottom, we all were once, you'll learn to make it happen or quit. No one held my hand and I feel like I'm a better driver for it.

CHALLY9TX

If possible and depending on the route, save the easiest resi till the end. Once it starts getting dark early I start taking my lunch and breaks at the end of the day. Get a good flashlight and ask other drivers in your center how to run the routes you're on.

oldngray

nowhere special
According to ORION aren't you supposed to be able to see in the dark? Oops! Silly me. Of course ORION will calculate what areas are harder to deliver in the dark.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
According to ORION aren't you supposed to be able to see in the dark? Oops! Silly me. Of course ORION will calculate what areas are harder to deliver in the dark.
Thats funny. I ran a terrible area split yesterday, during the day, and hardly found the crap. No street signs, no house numbers, cant and wont do it ever after 5. Especially in the dark, and that is right where Orion has me going as my last section of the day. Flashlight, headlamp, 9mm, no way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Save a nice tight well lit residential area to after dark. Try to avoid areas with long drive ways or poorly lit areas. The DIAD has a flashlight but the screen casts enough light for me and won't hinder your night vision.

Thats funny. I ran a terrible area split yesterday, during the day, and hardly found the crap. No street signs, no house numbers, cant and wont do it ever after 5. Especially in the dark, and that is right where Orion has me going as my last section of the day. Flashlight, headlamp, 9mm, no way.
Atomic bomb?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Keep getting crap for breaking Orion trace to go into a neighborhood that has no street lights, and no mail boxes on the street. Will not deliver there in the dark

Coalminer2005

If you get assigned to a route with residential and rural save the rural stops for delivery at night. Houses are spaced out and easier to find then in town where homes are side by side and not always marked very well. At least it worked well for me as a swing driver.

BrownTexas

Here are a few tips:

1.) Congratulate yourself for making "book" and being out of your 30 day packet.

2.) Realize that production numbers mean nothing now and you can wipe your ass with the paper they put them on.

3.) Realize when it is dark you are probably making overtime.

4.) Take the fat check and laugh all the way to the bank.

jaker

trolling
If you get assigned to a route with residential and rural save the rural stops for delivery at night. Houses are spaced out and easier to find then in town where homes are side by side and not always marked very well. At least it worked well for me as a swing driver.
You're kidding right , I would have said the opposite

I don't know your version of rural , but mine nobody has numbers and if they do they are hidden very well

And with this post I am off to work see you 14hrs later