Switching centers within the same building?

nystripe96

I understand drivers are allowed to transfer to other buildings as long as it's within that local. However, I haven't heard of drivers being able to transfer to different centers within the same hub. Is that truly the case?

Cementups

Box Monkey
yes. we have two centers in our building. I started in center 1, got my first full time bid in center 2, switched back to center 1, got fed up with the BS there again and now back in center 2 for the last 10 years and will probably never go back to center 1. My only other move would be to feeders.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Any Bid List in a building covers that whole building.........yes you can bid into a different Center.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't think he's talking bidding a route into another center, I think he's talking about going from a cover driver for center 1 to going to a cover driver in center 2. And the answer is...I don't know. It's probably up to your management team. I know where I'm at, 1 person has done it in the 10 years I've been here in this building. But that was because of personal issues he had with the manager...

kingOFchester

My building you can sign any driver bids. The only rule that applies is that you have to stay in that center for 1 year. Maybe 2. But in my local it happens all the time. The grass is always greener in the other center no matter what center you are in.

For me, I will take the devil I know over the devil I don't know.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We can, but you go to the bottom of center seniority. Sometimes, you luck out if centers merge and you get your seniority back.