Switching shifts at Worldport Louisville KY Local 89

Hey all, First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read my post. This is my first post and I look forward to being apart of the community.

Anyway, I'd like to ask any fellow Worldport upsers about transferring to another shift. I work the third shift and have become disenchanted with it (Grade Lane takes its toll on you after a while) and would like to go back to days within a few months. I'm looking to transfer from the 1DA operation to 2DA. I'm aware that to apply for a transfer you need to have one year under your belt and it is all based on seniority.

What I'd like to know is, for those who have successfully transferred from 1DA to 2DA, how long did the process take you? How long before you heard you were selected for a transfer and how long before you actually were working your new shift? How long should I expect the process to take if I put in a transfer in January?

I would think that it wouldn't be as hard to transfer to 2DA from 1DA than it is to transfer within 1DA because of the college benefits. 2DA doesn't offer Metro college while 1DA does so more people would be enticed to work nights.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!

Satuirus2000

2DA does offer money for college now. Not as much as nights, but they do offer a significant amount. AS for transferring? That's hard to gauge. I know one girl recently who had only been on nights for about 2 years, and she just recently got to come to days. She's quite young as well. But like any transfer, there's a list, and however long it is depends on what position you're trying to go for. Also, depending on specific circumstances, they might let you switch quickly too, but sometimes that's all about who you know.

Still, since you're not trying till after peak, you might have a better chance than in recent years. 2DA is DESPERATE for people, and not just for peak, but the whole operation in general. They can't get or keep anyone at UPS on the day side, so if you wanted to load, you might have better luck going for that position as a transfer.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You need to fill out forms 2d 3ac and Line 4 paragraph 32.1/2af to even be considered for this move and must be fedexed by midnite tonite to 4 yawkey way Boston 02116

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
m8aLxJ.gif