Switching to Orion in 2015

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
We became fully optimized two months ago. It has gone from having a one on one chat with management if you were a certain percentage over on miles or under on compliance to now they just post a report on the board with the telematics. We never went so far as to have missed pieces to hit that metric but I'm sure other centers have. Orion team at my building was decent. Several former supes. They told us several times to make good business decisions and it was always safety service production. Maybe I was lucky but that's my experience. I get sent to help other drivers weekly still as I am a lower seniority cover driver. Good luck the process is annoying.

Sent using BrownCafe App
image.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What fascinates me is the difference in how ORION compliance is being enforced from one area to the next.

I have been on ORION for about a year now. I have never followed it. My compliance averages between 50 and 60%. Some days I beat the projected miles, some days I don't. In the year since it has been implemented, I have been questioned about it one time. They asked me why I wasn't at 85%, I told them why, and they haven't said a word to me about it since. When I hear stories of drivers being threatened and harassed and forced to jump through hoops and make intentionally stupid decisions in order to generate an 85% compliance metric, I just shake my head and wonder if I even work for the same company.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OK, now this is golden. Ive been running 2/3 hours late even with a supervisor.
So guess, just guess, how they decided to fix it?

Tomorrow I have a brand new truck.

I didnt complain about the POS, I ran it for years before I got an automatic. It wont get out of its own way, but who am I to complain. Seems they have to fix my rear door, and they have had it a month. And I guess UPS doesnt have money to buy one.

I guess my boss didnt like the 1/4 inch pad on the jump seat? He thinks it will make me faster. I dont make deals with the devil, but if you want to give me a brand new truck, who am I once again to complain?

I keep thinking, you hate me, you want rid of me, I stink up your reports so you punish me how? With a new truck. You cant make this stuff up, LOL

Z

ZQXC

OK, now this is golden. Ive been running 2/3 hours late even with a supervisor.
So guess, just guess, how they decided to fix it?

Tomorrow I have a brand new truck.

I didnt complain about the POS, I ran it for years before I got an automatic. It wont get out of its own way, but who am I to complain. Seems they have to fix my rear door, and they have had it a month. And I guess UPS doesnt have money to buy one.

I guess my boss didnt like the 1/4 inch pad on the jump seat? He thinks it will make me faster. I dont make deals with the devil, but if you want to give me a brand new truck, who am I once again to complain?

I keep thinking, you hate me, you want rid of me, I stink up your reports so you punish me how? With a new truck. You cant make this stuff up, LOL

Orion still won't work; but you got a new truck.
Suggest that a 20% merit raise, could be the elusive answer.

FYI - Paul Parrot shoes will make you faster.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh, and a complaint with my sup on my heels.
NDA Fish. Live ones in water. Box is wet. Box says live fish all over it.
I ask her if she wants to refuse it. She says no its fish. I said I know its fish, but probaly dead ones.
She said I was rude and arrogant. And even with a sup by my side, she got to file her bogus complaint.
When I got told via diad, I had a stop for her and immediately broke trace and went there to confront her. She would not come to the door. Chicken smile*

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh, and a complaint with my sup on my heels.
NDA Fish. Live ones in water. Box is wet. Box says live fish all over it.
I ask her if she wants to refuse it. She says no its fish. I said I know its fish, but probaly dead ones.
She said I was rude and arrogant. And even with a sup by my side, she got to file her bogus complaint.
When I got told via diad, I had a stop for her and immediately broke trace and went there to confront her. She would not come to the door. Chicken smile*

This may have been the one time where it worked to your advantage to have your on-car by your side. He/she could either back up your story or give a version closer to that of the consignee. Rude hourlies must be addressed within an hour of receipt and include a space for remarks and what corrective action, if any, would be taken. If the sup backed up your story the rude hourly would be thrown out.

Why didn't you deliver the ground stop along with the NDA?

You are already running 2-3 hours late. Why would you waste even more time "confronting" this person?

What you should have said was "Ma'am, the package is wet and the contents are live fish, which may or may not be dead at this point. Would you like to refuse the package or do you want to accept it? If you choose to accept it I will note that the box was wet upon delivery". You then put the onus on her as to what to do.

"Confronting" her would have turned a bad situation in to a worse one.

BTW, did you take a picture of the wet box for your DIAD scrapbook?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This may have been the one time where it worked to your advantage to have your on-car by your side. He/she could either back up your story or give a version closer to that of the consignee. Rude hourlies must be addressed within an hour of receipt and include a space for remarks and what corrective action, if any, would be taken. If the sup backed up your story the rude hourly would be thrown out.

Why didn't you deliver the ground stop along with the NDA?

You are already running 2-3 hours late. Why would you waste even more time "confronting" this person?

What you should have said was "Ma'am, the package is wet and the contents are live fish, which may or may not be dead at this point. Would you like to refuse the package or do you want to accept it? If you choose to accept it I will note that the box was wet upon delivery". You then put the onus on her as to what to do.

"Confronting" her would have turned a bad situation in to a worse one.

BTW, did you take a picture of the wet box for your DIAD scrapbook?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was getting her ground out of the 7000 section, I already had her fish in hand. I was opening the back door, when she was yelling, I have more in there. I said yes I am getting it. She called in this complaint the next day....I dont give a crap how late I am, I was called rude, I am not rude, I was one street away, she had a delivery again. And confront I dont mean fight with her, kind of like "I have been delivering to you for 10 yrs, I know you get fish and dolls, I was sorry your pkg was wet, possibly ruined, how did you take that as rude or arrogant" I may have not used the same soliloquey as you, but same thing. Some people are just idiots, cant fix that. Doesnt matter how you phrase it.

The point Dave that you missed, is the same supervisor who was by my side, on Wednesday, Tells me to call center and tells me /asks me about it. Why did he not just tell the customer, that he was the guy with me and rebutt her story.

Also in my world, there is not always time to deliver air with ground. This day there was.

No I did not put a picture in my scrapbook.

bumped

When I get up in years the more they try to push me out the door the longer I will stay just to be a PITA. Management honors the guy that's got like 50 years of service on their magazines.