Sylvania SilverStars

over9five

Staff member
March 1, 2011. The right one burned out.
Two years and one month. I'm going to stick the factory bulb back in for now, but I'm looking for something new to try.
Low beams are fine, but I need a little more with high beams.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Two years and one month. I'm going to stick the factory bulb back in for now, but I'm looking for something new to try.

You may want to PM aj and ask her--she has no problem with her high beams.

UPSER110

Check out the orsam nightbreakers and phillips extreme power.. The orsams are great I've had 2 sets in my car and the high beam is amazing.. I got mine one ebay both times since they are actually made for europe..

over9five

Staff member
Check out the orsam nightbreakers and phillips extreme power.. The orsams are great I've had 2 sets in my car and the high beam is amazing.. I got mine one ebay both times since they are actually made for europe..

Damn, don't seem to be any H13s on Ebay.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
OVER, well you got a litte more life than my last pair. Check out vvme.com a little more expensive but I have a pair in my car and it has been 4yrs and they are going strong. The filliment is different and is supposed to last 5000+ hours. Very easy to install (unless your car is like mine and I had to take the front bumper off to get inside the light).

over9five

Staff member
OVER, well you got a litte more life than my last pair. Check out vvme.com a little more expensive but I have a pair in my car and it has been 4yrs and they are going strong. The filliment is different and is supposed to last 5000+ hours. Very easy to install (unless your car is like mine and I had to take the front bumper off to get inside the light).

They do have the H13s. I looked at at briefly, so you have to add a ballast between the new bulb and the wiring harness?
The new bulb plugs into the headlight the same, right?

over9five

Staff member

Which did you get, the standard or the 55 watt? Link

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
They do have the H13s. I looked at at briefly, so you have to add a ballast between the new bulb and the wiring harness?
The new bulb plugs into the headlight the same, right?

Yes it is that easy. I bought the standard becuase i have high and lows on seperate bulbs so the two in one wont work for me.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I might be wrong, (which happens a lot) but I do not believe that there is a DOT approved HID conversion kit on the market.

Although you can and probably will install a set of DOT approved HID Bulbs in your vehicle without ever being bothered by the law (as long as you stick with 6000K to 8000K), :wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Yes it is that easy. I bought the standard becuase i have high and lows on seperate bulbs so the two in one wont work for me.
OK, I had figured out that I have to get the 55s, cuz that's what my car has.

Although you can and probably will install a set of DOT approved HID Bulbs in your vehicle without ever being bothered by the law (as long as you stick with 6000K to 8000K), :wink2:
That was my next question. Which light temp should I get? I don't want it to look weird (or cool!), just normal. I don't want them so bright that they blind people either. You don't notice that with yours, do you?

.................. but I do not believe that there is a DOT approved HID conversion kit on the market.
It actually says that on the website.

UPSER110

I really wouldn't go with HIDs. they are going to glare like crazy in the stock housing. You can do a retro-fit with a projector out of a car that was made for HIDs, but that is alot of work and time.. It looks like phillips makes the xtreme power in h13/9008