Syria

Sportello

Banned
I think the Russians know more of what they're doing in Syria than the US ever has.
Since their only goal is to prop up Assad and increase their own presence in Syria, that is easy to understand. As I'm sure you are full aware, Russia is not bothered by niceties, like 'rules of war'.

The West (including the US) doesn't really have a goal in mind, other than to overthrow Assad.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I say let Russia waste their resources trying to control the Middle East . And they can become the World Police too . That would free up our resources so that we could help & improve our positions with our other allies .

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Guess Russia didn't learn a lesson sticking their nose into Afghanistan. Same with the US meddling with Iraq. We are both doomed to failure in that part of the world.

moreluck

golden ticket member
UdTG3vK.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Post #314 clearly conveys a concerning message.

I often wonder if DriveInDriveOut clicks "funny" just to irritate people of if he/she truly doesn't understand the state of the world and terrorism today?........or if he/she is so blinded by our Dear Leader's charm?

I don't think the Right understands the complicated state of the world and terrorism today. You blame Obama and the US for not "getting tough" on terrorism, when the issue is so complex and obtuse that nobody has a full understanding. As usual, your side is full of simple McCain/Palin type "solutions" like we take-out Assad or confront Putin etc. Fox-spin words and phrases are cheap, but starting WW3 or inflaming an already really bad situation gets expensive quick, both in terms of money and lives.

In short, you are ignorant.

bacha29

60 cruise missiles set to go off 1 second apart on the airfield from
which the plane that launched the chemical attack took off.
If there are Russian military casualties then it's Katy bar the door because this thing could get out of control early and quickly then we'll see what the real estate mogul masquerading as a president does in response.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We lost our Internet and TV yesterday morning and just turned the TV on (actually its been on Youtube music) and saw all this.
I didn't even know about the WMD gas attack by Assad on his citizens.
Even Farek Fasaad and Anderson Cooper are supportive to some extent.
Hannity creamed in his pants.

MAKAVELI

We lost our Internet and TV yesterday morning and just turned the TV on (actually its been on Youtube music) and saw all this.
I didn't even know about the WMD gas attack by Assad on his citizens.
Even Farek Fasaad and Anderson Cooper are supportive to some extent.
Hannity creamed in his pants.
I thought Assad was fighting ISIS?:confused2:

MAKAVELI

Hell if I know anymore.
I'm not sure there is anyone in the good old USA that really understands what's going on in Syria.
I was being sarcastic. This was Drumpf's reason for not taking out Assad, before he took office. Anyone with half a brain could see Assad's main goal was not ISIS, but keeping his regime intact and in power.

BrownArmy

(Although it's a bit creepy that there's government supplied footage of cruise missiles launching off one or more of our ships - look close, they framed it so you can see our Flag waving in the wind...wtf)