Syria

Upsmule

"Meet the new administration...same as the old administration."

First Libya now Syrian rebels. Obama's two wars. You can say three if you count the war on the middle class, and those mandated by the ACA to violate their religious beliefs. Ugh...

moreluck

golden ticket member
133268_600.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
That ought to do it.

Obama is asking the U.N. to write a sternly worded letter to Syria over possible chemical weapons attack. Oh, that'll shake them up......Sternly worded too !!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Come on ---do what he ran on --just meet with them and TALK --it is sure to work.

Talking is pretty much our only option at this point. The only justification for us using any sort of military force would be to target and destroy any known shipments of chemical weapons to terrorist groups, or if there is clear evidence of widespread use of chemical weapons by the Syrian military against civilians. Otherwise, we need to stay the hell out of this one because its none of our business.

island1fox

Sober,
Just from my point of view --I was pointing out that President Obama was --to say the least -naïve--to think that just talking to dictators and murderous thugs was quickly going to make all things correct in the world --not really working out that way.
Although Dennis Rodman is still disappointed that Obama just does not go to North Korea and shoot a few hoops with their mighty leader !!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Syria sarin claims unlikely to spur US military action

Syrian activists are offering horrific images of dead and dying children from near Damascus as proof of a chemical-weapons attack by forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. But even if those claims from the alleged Wednesday attack were verified, observers believe they're unlikely to change the strategic calculus that has thus far restrained the U.S. from direct intervention in the conflict -- President Obama's previous warning that the use of chemical weapons were a game-changing "red line" notwithstanding.

wkmac

This video raised a number of good points in relation to the latest claims of Sarin gas attacks in Syria.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Having seen that video, Obama will again request that the U.N. write a stern letter to Syria ....... OR maybe just shoot some hoops with Reggie.

Necropostophiliac

Or just stay out?
Then why, as the President, did he hawk walk (sorry old term) and publicly state a red line?

He should not have spoken if he did not have the backbone as "THE" US voice of leadership.

I do not want another Islamic conflict myself.

But he spoke, now what?

I do have a what should he do, but he should not have shared such a statement, with no substance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
MYOB Barry !!!!!
And close the damn wallet !!
He's the one who was all tough talk like the BMOC and he's got nothing to back up what he shot his mouth off about. Big pile of mushy, slushy, slimey marshmallow goo!!!