T.a.w. Corruption

We have x number of clerks on lay off and yet the safety steward out of Brush ave is working a light duty gig as a result of an off the job injury, How is this bing allowed? Our Contract language states that T.A.W. is for the employee's whom have been injured on the job, to rehablilitate themselves back into the work they normally perform. NOT INJURIES OCCURING IN THE GYM.
How many injuries are on his record, how repetive are his injuries.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We have x number of clerks on lay off and yet the safety steward out of Brush ave is working a light duty gig as a result of an off the job injury, How is this bing allowed? Our Contract language states that T.A.W. is for the employee's whom have been injured on the job, to rehablilitate themselves back into the work they normally perform. NOT INJURIES OCCURING IN THE GYM.
How many injuries are on his record, how repetive are his injuries.

Let it happen. It would start a nice precedence. Know many employees in the past wanting to work TAW for off the job injuries. If UPS wants to open that can of worms we could use it to our advantage in the future!

Sounds like another deal being made at Brush ave....what's the light duty assignment anyway, just want to know so I can ask for it when my back starts to hurt, from delivering not from getting hurt at the gym

Found out this morning the stu is "working" at the customer counter at Brush. What a waste of money ,now we have 4 people bumping into one another. The best is that it's an off the job "injury". Can anyone say comp fraud ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Found out this morning the stu is "working" at the customer counter at Brush. What a waste of money ,now we have 4 people bumping into one another. The best is that it's an off the job "injury". Can anyone say comp fraud ?

Comp fraud? Is he receiving worker's compensation payments for this injury?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If he is on TAW there would not be any TTD payments. He would still be getting paid by UPS. However, would be curious as to whom is paying the medical bills.

That's what I thought--I was responding to nowayjose who claimed comp fraud.

I would assume the company is also paying his medical bills.

CRASH501

WOW......
And im being denied light duty with a 40% permanent disability that occured on the job! EFFING AMAZING!
I almost wish I didnt get a phone call telling me that there was something that I needed to read on B.C. theres a reason I havent logged on in over a week! SHOULDA STAYED THAT WAY!

Sorry....I meant to just say fraud....from what I know he, who is also a shop steward, got hurt outside of the job. This is not right , TAW is for employees who were injured on the job to ease them back into the workforce. This is just blatant favoritism because he is a steward and some other reasons that are being looked into.

not what i voted for

Sorry....I meant to just say fraud....from what I know he, who is also a shop steward, got hurt outside of the job. This is not right , TAW is for employees who were injured on the job to ease them back into the workforce. This is just blatant favoritism because he is a steward and some other reasons that are being looked into.

It doesn't surprise me when you mentioned the BA's name Dave O. I am surprised the steward isn't working in the Union Hall with the other stewards that he got fired!

CRASH501

now I also hear that this same person decided he doesnt like his route and became a cover driver until a certain bid comes down next week......LOL you just cant make this s..t up! since when can we just come off of a route whenever we wish?

Speaking about fired, did that driver that did air on sat. at Brush ave, get his job back, what about the management on sat that condoned what he was doing, or are they just playing stupid now. How's it go , use them & abuse them then throw them to the curb.

annoyed804

You can,t, unless deals are being made, when will people learn when you make deals it will always come back to haunt you. This is a union steward ?What it is is a disgrace.