T.C.D. question

chris9834

Hey fellow Brown Cafers basically I signed a T.C.D. bid list in February, I recieved a call from H.R. last tuesday asking if I was still interested in the T.C.D. position and asked me questions inregards to dq's driving record, phyiscal & ect. I just had 1 ticket that is still pending but the ticket is from 2012 so she said I was good there. She basically said she would put me down on the interested list. Now to the question, I heard from a buddy that drives and we all know how theses stories go you could ask 10 ppl and get 10 diffrent answers at UPS but he said that he heard from a couple ppl that UPS is doing away with the T.C.D. position entirely and are doing a full time driver position to replace it, and that the pay would be in the Dallas Fort Worth area $18 or $16 a hr. Verses the $28.05 a hr T.C.D. pay Is that true? If its needed to answer the question my senority date started on Jan 16, 2014. Also when you receive the call from H.R. does it take awhile after to get to the next step in the process like within a month or so? Sorry to make this post so long lol, and as always I really apreciate each of y'all for taking the time to read this. Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have not heard a thing about the positions being eliminated. It would make no sense to do so. You can expect to hear something from HR within a month or so. Good luck.

mrbrownstone

Unless your regional starting pay is somehow different from that of the UPS National Master agreement the starting pay is 18.75. Before this contract went into effect it was 16.10.

TCD's or Teamster Cover Drivers are needed do to vacations, call offs, injuries etc. So it would not be in UPS's best interest to eliminate this position.

Also a full time TCD will get the same driver pay progression rate as a full time bid route driver.

Sent using BrownCafe App

wayfair

swollen member
Also a full time TCD will get the same driver pay progression rate as a full time bid route driver.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I don't think that is correct. If you go Temporary Coverage Driving, you will stay TCD until you sign the bid sheet to become full time.
A TCD in my Center has been passed up, 2-3 times because he doesn't sign the full time bid sheet

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't think that is correct. If you go Temporary Coverage Driving, you will stay TCD until you sign the bid sheet to become full time.
A TCD in my Center has been passed up, 2-3 times because he doesn't sign the full time bid sheet

But MBS was right in that it's the same progression rate as a FT bid driver.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Hey fellow Brown Cafers basically I signed a T.C.D. bid list in February, I recieved a call from H.R. last tuesday asking if I was still interested in the T.C.D. position and asked me questions inregards to dq's driving record, phyiscal & ect. I just had 1 ticket that is still pending but the ticket is from 2012 so she said I was good there. She basically said she would put me down on the interested list. Now to the question, I heard from a buddy that drives and we all know how theses stories go you could ask 10 ppl and get 10 diffrent answers at UPS but he said that he heard from a couple ppl that UPS is doing away with the T.C.D. position entirely and are doing a full time driver position to replace it, and that the pay would be in the Dallas Fort Worth area $18 or $16 a hr. Verses the $28.05 a hr T.C.D. pay Is that true? If its needed to answer the question my senority date started on Jan 16, 2014. Also when you receive the call from H.R. does it take awhile after to get to the next step in the process like within a month or so? Sorry to make this post so long lol, and as always I really apreciate each of y'all for taking the time to read this. Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App
in my Local a great many of the TCD's are being promoted to Fulltime if they have signed the Bid Sheet . I am uncertain if the pay rate changes(lowers) to start pay or if they keep the 28.05 until they catch up in progression

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
in my Local a great many of the TCD's are being promoted to Fulltime if they have signed the Bid Sheet . I am uncertain if the pay rate changes(lowers) to start pay or if they keep the 28.05 until they catch up in progression
If they can get 30 qualifying days within 120 calendar days, they keep that rate when going full time. At least thats how it is under the southern supplement.