T-shirt or not?

Do you wear a t-shirt on those very hottest days?

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
On another thread there were some comments made about the use of t-shirts.
So I would like to know who does what during those hot summer days. I always wear a t-shirt, I feel it keeps a lot of the sweat and hopefully makes me feel a little more dry!

thom1842

I wear a white undershirt under my uni, without it I would soak through my browns. The t-shirt absorbs and evaporates most of the sweat before it gets to my uniform.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have never worn one in the Summer time. I just get soaked in sweat. I don't wear antiperspirants because they break my skin out. I think I will experiment and wear one tomorrow. Does a regular T-shirt or athletic T-shirt work best? I hate that my Infonotices get soaked now. I carry my flip phone in my other pocket, it seems to be doing alright.

Over9, maybe we should do another Poll. Who wears underwear in the Summer?:surprised:

i wear a wifebeater year-round, does the same as a shirt, but without the sleeves. works for me. what about those guys who wear pants year round? that would be a good topic to discuss next....

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I have never worn one in the Summer time. I just get soaked in sweat. I don't wear antiperspirants because they break my skin out. I think I will experiment and wear one tomorrow. Does a regular T-shirt or athletic T-shirt work best? I hate that my Infonotices get soaked now. I carry my flip phone in my other pocket, it seems to be doing alright.

Over9, maybe we should do another Poll. Who wears underwear in the Summer?:surprised:

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I usually wear a t-shirt but if it is realy stinkin' hot out I will wear Under Armour. I don't have enough to wear one all 5 days of the week so I save the UA for the really humid days.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
On another thread there were some comments made about the use of t-shirts.
So I would like to know who does what during those hot summer days. I always wear a t-shirt, I feel it keeps a lot of the sweat and hopefully makes me feel a little more dry!
Oh come on buddy, you are in feeders, you have air!!! How much can you sweat with your 3 stops per day? Love Tooner

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Oh come on buddy, you are in feeders, you have air!!! How much can you sweat with your 3 stops per day? Love Tooner

Good point Tooner. I think Over9five wears a T-shirt because the A/C in his tractor is turned down too low!

outamyway

I need a T shirt for my head. These new Twin Hill hats starts turning green after it's been sweat in a lot. And it stays that way after you wash it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wear a 'wife beater'. I think it helps. I take your poll to mean that a T-shirt is an actual short sleeved T-shirt.

satellitedriver

Tried a T shirt once.
Never again.
I sweat too much for two layers to evaporate in this humidity.
The under armour shirts sound like they might be worth the money.
On a side note, I wear two pairs of socks year round.
A very thin all cotton tennis sock under my cotton UPS socks.
Cool in summer, warm in winter.
When I take my shoes off the outer UPS sock is damp, the inner thin sock is dry and so are my feet.
Capillary action works.

skwirl

I always wear a tank top. helps keep the brown shirt dry. I also like the shirts that do not tuck in. More air movement and easier to move in

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
TOONER & SCRATCH DON"T PICK ON OVER 9.5 !!!!! I have personaly watched that man put doubles together twice in the same day under the blazing New England sun down at the rail yard, and when I offered to give him water,his reply was """" NO THANKS I GOTTAH GET THESE BACK FOR THE TEAM ASAP""" I HOPE YOU TWO ARE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!