T-shirt or not?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by over9five, Jul 9, 2008.

?

Do you wear a t-shirt on those very hottest days?

1. Yes, I wear a t-shirt

55.0%
  2. No, I don't wear a t-shirt.

27.5%
  3. I wear an undergarment other than a t-shirt.

10.0%
  4. Mind your own business, Over9five!

7.5%
  1. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

On another thread there were some comments made about the use of t-shirts.
    So I would like to know who does what during those hot summer days. I always wear a t-shirt, I feel it keeps a lot of the sweat and hopefully makes me feel a little more dry!

2. thom1842

thom1842 New Member

I wear a white undershirt under my uni, without it I would soak through my browns. The t-shirt absorbs and evaporates most of the sweat before it gets to my uniform.

3. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Absolutely better then soaking through my browns!

4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I have never worn one in the Summer time. I just get soaked in sweat. I don't wear antiperspirants because they break my skin out. I think I will experiment and wear one tomorrow. Does a regular T-shirt or athletic T-shirt work best? I hate that my Infonotices get soaked now. I carry my flip phone in my other pocket, it seems to be doing alright.

Over9, maybe we should do another Poll. Who wears underwear in the Summer?:surprised:

5. SumterCountyFlash

SumterCountyFlash New Member

i wear a wifebeater year-round, does the same as a shirt, but without the sleeves. works for me. what about those guys who wear pants year round? that would be a good topic to discuss next....

6. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  7. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

that is a can of worms there

8. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Active Member

Under-armor always! My workshirts never show sweat. If you think its too expensive get the walmart version, it works just as well.

9. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I always wear a t-shirt. It must be 100% cotton. It definitely helps.

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I usually wear a t-shirt but if it is realy stinkin' hot out I will wear Under Armour. I don't have enough to wear one all 5 days of the week so I save the UA for the really humid days.

11. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Oh come on buddy, you are in feeders, you have air!!! How much can you sweat with your 3 stops per day? Love Tooner

12. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Good point Tooner. I think Over9five wears a T-shirt because the A/C in his tractor is turned down too low!

13. outamyway

outamyway New Member

I need a T shirt for my head. These new Twin Hill hats starts turning green after it's been sweat in a lot. And it stays that way after you wash it.

14. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I wear a 'wife beater'. I think it helps. I take your poll to mean that a T-shirt is an actual short sleeved T-shirt.

15. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

I wear a T-shirt because I can't stand for my hamburger meat to show.

16. filthpig

filthpig Active Member

I wear what is commonly called a "wife beater". Is that a "T-shirt"?

17. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Tried a T shirt once.
    Never again.
    I sweat too much for two layers to evaporate in this humidity.
    The under armour shirts sound like they might be worth the money.
    On a side note, I wear two pairs of socks year round.
    A very thin all cotton tennis sock under my cotton UPS socks.
    Cool in summer, warm in winter.
    When I take my shoes off the outer UPS sock is damp, the inner thin sock is dry and so are my feet.
    Capillary action works.

18. skwirl

skwirl New Member

I always wear a tank top. helps keep the brown shirt dry. I also like the shirts that do not tuck in. More air movement and easier to move in

19. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

well I just ordered under armor. should get it next week. i'll see how it works.

20. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

TOONER & SCRATCH DON"T PICK ON OVER 9.5 !!!!! I have personaly watched that man put doubles together twice in the same day under the blazing New England sun down at the rail yard, and when I offered to give him water,his reply was """" NO THANKS I GOTTAH GET THESE BACK FOR THE TEAM ASAP""" I HOPE YOU TWO ARE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!