Take a guess on the outcome, PASS or FAIL...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I voted NO on this proposal, as did the majority of members in local 396. We eagerly await the results from our local to see the final tally for 396.

In the meantime, here is my prediction. Now, I'm going to make a predicition based on both sides of the fence, only because I believe the vote count will be so close, it may come down to a 4% margin that could swing the proposal from one side to the other.

First, IF it passes, i say it PASSES with a 52% to 48% margin.

Second, if it FAILS, I say it FAILS with a 52% to 48% margin.

4% is my prediction either way.

I think it will be closer than everyone thinks. TO those that didnt get a ballot, please, call the NRLB if you called the local and notified them in time and file a complaint. If you were a NO vote and this election comes down to this 4%, wont you feel stupid that you didnt make a difference? Now, multiply that a thousand times and estimate how the election would have come out.

Peace

TOS

He troops this forum so he's a troll to me. This might not be a popular opinion but as you can see I don't choose the popular opinion. I voted for Hoffa Obama this contract I'm for homosexuals and blacks and I e taken criticism all. So he's trolling in my book. It is what it is.

A

anonymous6

my wife's deceased father was a strong union man working for the canneries in the California central valley. he comes to her in dreams and has told her. to my consternation, that the TA will pass.

over9five

Staff member
my wife's deceased father was a strong union man working for the canneries in the California central valley. he comes to her in dreams and has told her. to my consternation, that the TA will pass.
Of course it will pass. Strong union men are greatly outnumbered.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think it passes but like TOS believe it'll be close enough to have to the IBT sweating for a bit.

I don't see the percentage being more than 60-40 and that high would really surprise me.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
TDU is reporting ~35% of ballots being returned with an expected cap (rough estimate) in the neighborhood of 38%. This is the number of ballots returned out of ballots mailed out -- while this doesn't include Local 89 and any other local that received an extension on returning their ballots, this seems to only be a marginally higher turnout than last time.

UPS Freight members returned 50% of ballots cast.

IBT is reporting the same thing: "The election officer's team has counted the number of ballots that were picked up from the Post Office today and there is currently a 35 percent return rate from UPS members. However, ballots will continue to be picked up for three Local Unions for the next several days. We expect the final return rate will be similar to the rate from the last ratification referendum five years ago."

Source: http://www.teamster.org/content/ups-ballot-return-rate-expected-be-solar-last-vote-upsf-higher

Wouldn't it be something if the Freight guys voted down the contract?

TDU is reporting ~35% of ballots being returned with an expected cap (rough estimate) in the neighborhood of 38%. This is the number of ballots returned out of ballots mailed out -- while this doesn't include Local 89 and any other local that received an extension on returning their ballots, this seems to only be a marginally higher turnout than last time.

UPS Freight members returned 50% of ballots cast.

IBT is reporting the same thing: "The election officer's team has counted the number of ballots that were picked up from the Post Office today and there is currently a 35 percent return rate from UPS members. However, ballots will continue to be picked up for three Local Unions for the next several days. We expect the final return rate will be similar to the rate from the last ratification referendum five years ago."

Source: UPS Ballot Return Rate Expected To Be Similar To Last Vote, UPSF Higher | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

Wouldn't it be something if the Freight guys voted down the contract?
Just say NO to drugs!!!and this contract!!!

A

anonymous6

with the high turnout at freight,( 50% being fairly high ) their contract will not pass.