Take a look at the condition of this package as it was delivered by Fedex

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We see this all the time. The contents are too heavy and move around inside the box, tearing it apart. Use proper inner packing.

Speculation. Perhaps it weighed only 10 pounds. At Station One, every package stays upright and is rolled carefully down the belt. At the real FedEx, it could have an 150 lb ingot loaded on top of it as it speeds long a 30 mph belt and gets rammed by a "package selection device".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
= OK to play football with. 8-)

Many years ago, we had a very long CTV delay. So, a small package of approximately 1 pound was selected, and we actually played football out in the street with it. A manager eventually noticed and we were verbally pummeled. Rightfully so. No letters, no hysteria.

Slick silver

All of us see those international packages coming down from around the world and I swear, I couldn't believe they survived that long. Hell I've actually refused to take packages out because they are so bad, that I know the recipient is going to take on look at it and either refuse it or make a claim. Only so many retape jobs that I could take, before I just gave up

dezguy

I see this pretty much daily. Shipper puts 80 lbs into a 30lbs box or is using a box that has been used 20 times before. Used to take the time to tape them all up but now I just let whatever is inside spill out. Too dumb to use the right box? Don't expect me to do extra work to fix it.

Curious, what did the op expect to get from thread? Sympathy? HA!

dezguy

Sympathy? No, but I think we can all agree that the okg never should have been delivered in that condition.
Don't want it to be delivered like that? Better use the right packaging. I think we can all agree that the op is wrong in his/her assertion that this was done by an employee looking to steal something and is a case of the shipper putting something too heavy into a box not designed for the weight.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Anytime I deliver something that looks awful I have no problem telling them that it looks like the shipper spared no expense when boxing their item.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't want it to be delivered like that? Better use the right packaging. I think we can all agree that the op is wrong in his/her assertion that this was done by an employee looking to steal something and is a case of the shipper putting something too heavy into a box not designed for the weight.

So two morons make a right?

hypo hanna

Most likely should not have been picked up in the first place, but when you try and tell the shipper it's probably not going to make it intact, they give you an argument. I gave up a long time ago on these battles. Send it on down the line.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This is how a package sent by our company via FedEx Express from Canada arrived at the receiving doc at a hospital in the US last week. The recipient notified us of the condition of the box and we asked that they take a few pictures of it. We emailed the photos to FedEx Canada and got a form letter back (from fedex canadacustomerservice) that gave no indication that a person looked at them.

I suspect that the box was torn apart on purpose - either by an employee looking for drugs, or during the course of a US customs check. How could a box, in such a vulnerable condition, be handled through the delivery chain without losing any contents? Why did nobody at fedex even attempt to patch the box with duct tape?

View attachment 54851 View attachment 54850

FYI, nobody taped it because no one cares, including management. And if you think your boxes will arrive in pristine condition through the USPS or UPS, guess again. No company is perfect. Split boxes happen. Next time pack it better.

BigTex61

Not only would I not tape it up, I would deliver it and encourage the customer to file a claim. I'll do a damaged delivered scan, and in the comments section note whatever I have to so the customer has a better chance of getting money. Anything it takes to get money out of ole Freddie s pockets!

Wayne05

I used to tape any box that was open when I was decently compensated and I cared. Now, I don't care anymore and getting tape is as difficult as pulling teeth. Packages are delivered as they show up in my truck.

I can't load at 300 bph if I'm taking time taping everything that comes my way! And the pd hardly ever has a tape gun lol