Take a look at the condition of this package as it was delivered by Fedex

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Wow,
So they ship you two rolls of packing tape but, the clincher is, the packing tape is on the outside of the box? Seems like they could'a just put the two rolls inside a box or, a pak.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sad part is, I get boxes like this all the time. Had a customer yell at me because his package was packed too well. Explained to him he needed to talk to the shipper about that.

Those Chinese boxes are also waterproof. None of us have ever seen an AMJ with an inch of water in it, right?

CJinx

Those Chinese boxes are also waterproof. None of us have ever seen an AMJ with an inch of water in it, right?
Happens with our trailers all the time when the weather sucks. QA hates it. We empty it, yellow tag it and send it back to the hub.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh yes. It kills me if I need to pull out some tape and apply a couple of strips to a package. I should get workman's comp.

Going the extra mile for the customer, even if said customer is clueless about proper packing.

What Cactus said. Go for it, and then see what it gets you. I have confidence you'll eventually figure it out.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You two are poster children of how not to take care of your customers.
True enough, but FedEx is a poster child of how not to take care of their employees.

Yes, it blows for the customer, but it's real tough to stay motivated when the only payoff for going the extra mile continually goes to the muckety-mucks, while the guys and gals going out of their way to "make it happen" continue to get knocked down an extra peg year after year.

Quality doesn't come free (right, UPS?) - and so far Fred seems content with mediocrity (or even less).Therefore he deserves nothing more. His customers can take it up with him.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
You two are poster children of how not to take care of your customers.
wpV66L7.gif

CJinx

You could tape it yourself or you could give it to quality assurance and have them take care of it (in that case, it's on them if it doesn't go out). You have options, but it appears that you're more interested in intentionally damaging the brand because you're unhappy with your compensation and you're making everyone suffer as a result.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True enough, but FedEx is a poster child of how not to take care of their employees.

Yes, it blows for the customer, but it's real tough to stay motivated when the only payoff for going the extra mile continually goes to the muckety-mucks, while the guys and gals going out of their way to "make it happen" continue to get knocked down an extra peg year after year.

Quality doesn't come free (right, UPS?) - and so far Fred seems content with mediocrity (or even less).Therefore he deserves nothing more. His customers can take it up with him.

I don't base my level of care or work ethic on my hourly wage.

Coalminer2005

Not surprised. I see the quality of employees that FedEx hires these days. No offense but when you pay driver's little and don't recognize them as employees it's hard to find someone who gives a hang about their level of service. Instead of Fedex stuffing their pockets they should take care of their drivers and hang on to the ones that will get the job done.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

UPS is starting to follow suit themselves with all the number chasing. Thanks to ORION and its overloaded routes I piss off more people with 4:45 deliveries now than I ever did.

dex 84

I take care of customers not because it helps FedEx, but because it's the right thing to do. We are living in a society with other people...

Plenty of customers have earned the bare minimum level of service from me though. If you make my job more difficult than it needs to be or are otherwise unpleasant for no good reason then you'll get what you're paying for and nothing more.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You could tape it yourself or you could give it to quality assurance and have them take care of it (in that case, it's on them if it doesn't go out). You have options, but it appears that you're more interested in intentionally damaging the brand because you're unhappy with your compensation and you're making everyone suffer as a result.
FedEx Ground has already done a fine job at "damaging the brand" the last 15 years. Ain't no way we can compete with that. Besides Fred S and Matt Thornton deserve a lot of credit there too. You need to stop whining CJinx especially when your employer has made a real mess of things with this Ground thing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't base my level of care or work ethic on my hourly wage.

I don't base my work ethic on my hourly wage either, hence why I show up for work every day despite having my insurance become pretty much worthless, the pension being taken away for newer people, profit sharing gone, petty raises, split shift differential taken away, being treated like crap and on and on. As others have stated, these are FedEx's customers, not ours.

If all of those cuts were made to help keep Fedex prosperous for the next however many years, as they've told us many times, I might not feel so bitter about it, but they're not. They're only to keep the executives and shareholders rolling in the dough.

So yeah, if a box passes who knows how many people, INCLUDING management, before it gets to my truck without being taped up, that's how it will get delivered.