Take a look at the condition of this package as it was delivered by Fedex

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You could tape it yourself or you could give it to quality assurance and have them take care of it (in that case, it's on them if it doesn't go out). You have options, but it appears that you're more interested in intentionally damaging the brand because you're unhappy with your compensation and you're making everyone suffer as a result.

We don't have quality assurance. We used to have a rewrap station, but due to hours being cut, it's no more. But those corporate jets are still flying aren't they? Goes to show what is more important to FedEx.

dezguy

The couriers that interact with are always professional and would never walk in with a package that looked like that.
Good for them.

Pack your shipment properly and no one would walk in with a package that looked like that.

At my sta, a package like that passes at least 5 other people, including 2 managers. This doesn't account for the how many other people it passes along it's journey? If a manager doesn't have a problem with the way it looks, why should I?

All incentive to go the extra mile disappeared a long time ago at FedEx. Maybe if I were making $35/hour it would be different but I'm not so that's the way it is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Once Fedex has the customer's money, well then that's all they care about.

So true. It's getting the money back that's difficult. Consider how we suspend our service guarantee at Peak and then deliver your Christmas present a week late. Zero recourse. And then there are all of the lies about weather, mechanicals etc. that are just made-up so FedEx doesn't have to pay-up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You two are poster children of how not to take care of your customers.

Maybe, but we are realistic about what FedEx really is, and how little the corporation cares about customers and employees. You are a poster child for a Libertarian who can't rationalize his hatred of unions and loves the employee exploitation of the Ground business model.

Conflicted, are we?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The couriers that interact with are always professional and would never walk in with a package that looked like that.

At my station, we watch packages that look like that go down the belt throughout the AM sort. The CSA who is supposed to re-wrap them has been tasked with so many other duties that she doesn't have time to touch a single one of them. If one of us were to stop and tape up a package, management would be screaming at you to get out of the building.

As usual, you don't have a clue of what it's like to work at FedEx, but you "know" all about it. Quit that overpaid UPS job and come on over. They'd love to have someone like you who will do everything they say and love it.

MassWineGuy

Hmm. First of all, I must have landed at an uncommonly good and well run station. I'm treated with respect, managers care about problems I may have, and people work well together and help each other.

Yes it would be great to be paid more. But I'm not miserable over what I do earn.

If all those at FedEx who feel bitter and resentful toward the company would just effin' quit already, those of us left who want to work there would be grateful. There are other trucking jobs.

And by the way, UPS drivers earn and deserve everything they're paid (most of them, anyway). They work harder and are hounded more by supervisors than us.

overflowed

Hmm. First of all, I must have landed at an uncommonly good and well run station. I'm treated with respect, managers care about problems I may have, and people work well together and help each other.

Yes it would be great to be paid more. But I'm not miserable over what I do earn.

If all those at FedEx who feel bitter and resentful toward the company would just effin' quit already, those of us left who want to work there would be grateful. There are other trucking jobs.

And by the way, UPS drivers earn and deserve everything they're paid (most of them, anyway). They work harder and are hounded more by supervisors than us.
You are a part time pup courier correct?

dezguy

If you don't like the way people speak about this company, you could quit this board or FedEx. Works both ways, bud.