Take a moment to reflect. It is Founders Day

I've found on this founders day that this once great company is a totally new ups. Oh wait it's been like this for a while now at least since 99 when it went public. Shame on those guys and girls for selling us all out and going public so you could reap those rewards before your fat cat ass's retired a couple years later.

BCFan

Not much to add ,appears that the natives are restless. Consensus by the majority on this forum about Jim Casey in the grave spinning is interesting. Having met Mr Casey I will agree whole hearted that this company has moved away from his original concept of a great service at a fair price. What a crying shame! B C

curiousbrain

At the center where I am employed, we annihilated the inside and delivery sides of the operation. There are drivers out there who probably won't have the trucks back in time for tomorrows Preload, and insiders who probably did permanent physical damage to themselves today.

As if that wasn't enough to make you sick, the center couldn't even staff the amount of routes put out; and, let's do one better, there weren't even enough trucks to get the boxes into. Honestly, people, what are we doing here? Business, profitability, that's one thing; however, I can't help but think that there is some Mr. Burns looking SOB somewhere, saying "Excellent" and tapping his fingers together, while actively plotting the doom of us all.

Today ..... was a really, really rough day.

Happy Founders Day .... heh.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not much to add ,appears that the natives are restless. Consensus by the majority on this forum about Jim Casey in the grave spinning is interesting. Having met Mr Casey I will agree whole hearted that this company has moved away from his original concept of a great service at a fair price. What a crying shame! B C

Having met Mr Casey too, I am not as sure as you are.

I know that one of the most outstanding attributes of Mr Casey was his ability to adapt to changing conditions.

No one really knows what he would have done in today's world but one thing is for sure is that he would not have continued trying to run the same business model in the last 15 years that was run in the previous 15 years.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
my On road told me i did a terrible job as i was .85 over ,then directed me to cake............i'm figuring his agenda was to get the adrenaline flowing by being 'angry' THEN get me 'speeding' on sugar and carbs. i declined both :happy-very:

Indecisi0n

Our entire center closed down. When we walked in we were greeted by professional masseuses that gave us back rubs and happy endings. When we left the sup thanked us for our hard work and advised us we would be getting 9 hrs paid for the day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have not heard a thing about customer service in the last 5 plus years.

The only people I see that care about the customers are the drivers.

When nobody was looking.... They changed the name, to just United Parcel.

There is no concern anymore.... on Service.

-Bug-

Necropostophiliac

I do not growl or bite at the hand that feeds me. I am not Management or a "shrill"
Just a UPSer that appreciates that direct deposit every week and the hope of retirement income
that many in the US do not have anymore.

I do not walk in anyone else's shoes on this forum, and do not know what one puts up with daily.
The pressure, the same old junk that bothers you.

But again we have one of the best jobs in the industry.

Go read the FEDEX thread for a few days and see their problems and concerns.

Nothing else to say and I am not criticizing anyone's post.

Happy 105 UPS. I am proud to be a UPSer.​

texan

As I go through life, I meet many people that are in the transportation and logistics business.

I usually mention that I am with UPS and the number of years as an employee.

Every single person comments on how much they admire UPS especially in the last 10 years.

They say they did not think much of UPS 15 - 20 years ago but that UPS has changed and really become a player in the Logistics industry.

Just another point of view to think about ... although they don't know about or care about Founder's day.

Founder's day is for employees of UPS, I guess.

I agree, great post.

packageguy

They used to make a big deal of Founders Day. I haven't heard it mentioned in several years now.

It's a different company, it's all corporate, corporate greed. When I first started this was a great company, I had good supervisors, and managers, now what can I say, you know where i'm going with this..........

It's a different company, it's all corporate, corporate greed. When I first started this was a great company, I had good supervisors, and managers, now what can I say, you know where i'm going with this..........
There is still good supervisors and managers they are just inept at the decision making for lack of experiance in the last five years or so.

over9five

Staff member
Ya know, halfway through my day today I started greeting everyone with "Happy Founders Day!". Anyone with less than maybe 8 years in had no idea what I was talking about.
Now I'm wondering if this (ignoring Founders Day) is a conscious effort by UPS to disassociate with the past. Who cares about them old guys who started this company? They certainly have nothing to do with what UPS is today.

Just a thought.