Take a moment to reflect. It is Founders Day

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Jim Casey left school @ 11 years of age to become a bicycle messenger and delivered packages for a department store before he started the company with borrowed money. Scott Davis the current CEO has a BA in accounting and came to the company in '86 by way of an aquistion has never unloaded, loaded ,sorted or delivered a package (unless maybe for a photo op) .That tells you all you need to know. Now get back to work your numbers are off !!!

ActionJaxson

Present Corporate Thinking:

The end justifies the mean: Doing anything whatsoever that is required to get the result you want, regardless of the methods used. It does not matter whether these methods are legal or illegal, fair or foul, kind or cruel, truth or lies, democratic or dictatorial, good or evil.

In other words money $$ talks and BS ......

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Present Corporate Thinking:

The end justifies the mean: Doing anything whatsoever that is required to get the result you want, regardless of the methods used. It does not matter whether these methods are legal or illegal, fair or foul, kind or cruel, truth or lies, democratic or dictatorial, good or evil.

In other words money $$ talks and BS ......

I'm with you on the foul and cruel and lousy methods, but I'm not seeing anything illegal. Illegal would end someone's tenure.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I'm with you on the foul and cruel and lousy methods, but I'm not seeing anything illegal. Illegal would end someone's tenure.

So allowing a driver to go over 60 is legal?(seen this) Allowing trucks with cracked frames to go on road, when aware of it, is legal? (seen this) A couple of examples just for fun and not to start and argument with you. I think you would agree that both sides could meet in the middle to make this THE greatest place in the world to work. I will not hold my breath on that as there are way too many egos and stubborn attitudes involved. On BOTH sides.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
So allowing a driver to go over 60 is legal?(seen this) Allowing trucks with cracked frames to go on road, when aware of it, is legal? (seen this) A couple of examples just for fun and not to start and argument with you. I think you would agree that both sides could meet in the middle to make this THE greatest place in the world to work. I will not hold my breath on that as there are way too many egos and stubborn attitudes involved. On BOTH sides.

I know violations occur on a local level. Those are caused by individuals forgetting something or finding the easiest solution to not deal with a problem. Drivers in those situations should pull the car/truck over at 60 and call the center for a ride back and refuse to drive an unsafe vehicle. I was referring to institutional illegalities like directives to wait until after the end of a quarter to turn in expense accounts or to hide records when auditors come around.

Last edited:

What'dyabringmetoday???

I know violations occur on a local level. Those are caused by individuals forgetting something or finding the easiest solution to not deal with a problem. Drivers in those situations should pull the car/truck over at 60 and call the center for a ride back and refuse to drive an unsafe vehicle. I was referring to institutional illegalities edicts like directives to wait until after the end of a quarter to turn in expense accounts or to hide records when auditors come around.
Oh. Well, yeah, I am SURE none of that stuff happens. I hope you got my point though...

CAFAL

That high pitched whirring noise in the distance is Casey spinning in his grave. The powers that be that took this company public and began the descent into numbers and not service should be held accountable at the same level as someone would be for treason.

powers that be didn't take the company public. They were forced to by the government

CAFAL

seen it? should've have reported it. You are no more justified

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We're real good at that. And that's why I made a career there. And retired there. And happy as a proverbial pig in poop now.
Too many drivers worry about stuff they can't control. There's 2 things you can control every day. Get your butt back to the center in one piece.
Then get the package car back to the center in one piece. And the rest of the stuff that goes on, and we all know what that is, don't worry
about that stuff. That stuff comes and it goes. There isn't a center manager alive who won't take those first 2 every day. And work around the rest.
This man speaks the truth.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We're real good at that. And that's why I made a career there. And retired there. And happy as a proverbial pig in poop now.
Too many drivers worry about stuff they can't control. There's 2 things you can control every day. Get your butt back to the center in one piece.
Then get the package car back to the center in one piece. And the rest of the stuff that goes on, and we all know what that is, don't worry
about that stuff. That stuff comes and it goes. There isn't a center manager alive who won't take those first 2 every day. And work around the rest.

This sounds like reasonable and experienced advice.

One of my mantras that gets me through life is, "Don't worry about things I can't control." and on the flip side, "Don't try and control others."

menotyou

bella amicizia
seen it? should've have reported it. You are no more justified
It was reported. Over and over. The building full of cracked frames was my center. What'dya is in my local. It took the Attorney General forcing UPS to fix the problem. It took a mechanic (a man whom I respect, unlike the DM's and Regional management that knew about this and did nothing) with a major set of cajones to start the ball rolling. He was the sacrificial lamb, BTW.