Take a moment to reflect. It is Founders Day

rod

Retired 22 years
This sounds like reasonable and experienced advice.

One of my mantras that gets me through life is, "Don't worry about things I can't control." and on the flip side, "Don't try and control others."

So why would you want to be a moderator then?
:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So why would you want to be a moderator then?
:wink2:

Good question ... I don't moderate much but I guess you got me there.

Oh wait, I get to talk about you in the Mod corner and you can't see it ... yeah, that's it.

Sort of like the "Mile High Club".

menotyou

bella amicizia
Good question ... I don't moderate much but I guess you got me there.

Oh wait, I get to talk about you in the Mod corner and you can't see it ... yeah, that's it.

Sort of like the "Mile High Club".
You guys have your own 'Mile high club' for Mods???????? What the heck have I been missing?????

bluehdmc

Founder's Day? What's that, haven't seen or heard anything regarding that for a couple of years. Basically ever since the traveling roadshow for the 100th.

Norma

Maybe it was mentioned in the PCM, but since they moved my start time up +15 minutes, I no longer hear the PCM.
I remember when they used to give us trees, then that regressed to scrap aluminum, now nothing. Sadly my tree died before I could plant it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Was informed that it had to do with certain off shore accounts. Gov't found out some shady dealings and it was a part of an agreement with the gov't to move the company public.
hook.jpg

Re-Raise

Was informed that it had to do with certain off shore accounts. Gov't found out some shady dealings and it was a part of an agreement with the gov't to move the company public.

OPL was set up offshore to handle the package insurance. UPS was forced by the governmet to pay back taxes on the profits made by OPL.

Unless I am confused about IPO s, the OPL situation and UPS's decision to go public are not related.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OPL was set up offshore to handle the package insurance. UPS was forced by the government to pay back taxes on the profits made by OPL.

Unless I am confused about IPO s, the OPL situation and UPS's decision to go public are not related.

UPS did not have to pay any back taxes.
That was what the IRS contended and UPS won in court.
UPS had to pay all kind of legal fees but no additional taxes or any penalties.

You are correct, the OPL and UPS going public were totally unrelated.