take a test

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is a terrific test. And it shows results in a number of ways. It sure indicates that the majority of Americans don't know what's going on. No wonder our politicians take such advantage.
Interesting and simple test. It’s astonishing that so many people got less than half right. These results say that 80% of the (voting) public doesn’t have a clue – and that’s pretty scary.

There are no tricks here - just a simple test to see if you are current on your information.

Test your knowledge with 11 questions, then be ready to shudder when you see how others did.

Click here: Test Your News IQ - Pew Research Center

dillweed

OK, I'll fess up. Only got eight correct and had guessed on a couple of the right ones. When younger I wouldn't even have done that well. Many folks only pay attention to those facts which affect them. I didn't know the PM of Britain and already forgot his name, even though I just looked. Thanks, moreluck. It was easy and quick to do.

over9five

Staff member
Did you guys look at the demographics? You did better with age, better with education, AND better if you were male!

rod

Retired 22 years
9 out of 12. Not bad I guess for someone that has pretty much quit watching the News. (everything I need to know I learn on Brown Cafe -----------------------------------------------------------and Stupid Videos. (and at the local saloon).

Nimnim

The Nim
Looking at the breakdown it seems the 3 most missed questions are about the Prime Minister of UK, inflation rate, and how much of TARP has been paid back.

satellitedriver

12 right.
The only reason I knew the PM of Britain is that I have been off on medical for the last 4 weeks and have watched Fox news.
Looking at the total results reminds me of when Jay Leno does his Jaywalking bit.
The pervasive ignorance is just damn scary.

P

pickup

11 right, I got the inflation rate wrong. I only have "some" college though.

The inflation question was a poorly worded one . it was not defined as whether they were talking about the monthly inflation rate, annual rate, quarterly, etc.

P

pickup

I got nine right.

Let me see, the three i got wrong were the one about the greatest expenditure of the national government, the name of the incoming speaker of the house, and how much of the tarp funds were paid back.

As for the greatest expenditure of the national government, I thought this quiz had some sort of agenda based on a few other questions and was led to pick interest on debt over military spending based on that perceived agenda.

dillweed

I got nine right.

Let me see, the three i got wrong were the one about the greatest expenditure of the national government, the name of the incoming speaker of the house, and how much of the tarp funds were paid back.

As for the greatest expenditure of the national government, I thought this quiz had some sort of agenda based on a few other questions and was led to pick interest on debt over military spending based on that perceived agenda.[/QUOTE]

For some reason this tickles me. "perceived agenda" indicates you've been working for UPS long, long time. :-)

raceanoncr

Hmpf...missed 2 also. Same as most others. PM and inflation rate.

No eddkaysion here. Just Fox news and leftover crib notes on palms from 1965 finals.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Got 6 right. Knew who the PM was. Didn't know the TARP pay back. Guessed the speaker of the house (correctly). Who the hell cares about India and Pakistan relationship? :funny:

bbsam

Staff member
Got 6 right. Knew who the PM was. Didn't know the TARP pay back. Guessed the speaker of the house (correctly). Who the hell cares about India and Pakistan relationship? :funny:

Anyone concerned with the big picture reason that we are in Afganistan.