Take advantage of your UPS healthcare before the switch to Teamcare

browned out

And if you read the article it says it was pulled from the market. 1 of 4 not equivalent, now 3 in 3 are. Digging deep for reasons to trash Teamcare that are not panning out for you.

I realize some people have an irrational fear of change, but it is a good plan. You will see that eventually.

Pulled from the market after how long?? How many thousands of people were taking this garbage rx before it was pulled? You can take that 1 in 4 chance with your family members.

upschuck

Pulled from the market after how long?? How many thousands of people were taking this garbage rx before it was pulled? You can take that 1 in 4 chance with your family members.

Idk, but would hope that FDA would research these before they are released. If not, that is a failure with the FDA, not your prescription plan.

oldngray

nowhere special
A generic will have the same active ingredients but the exact formulation usually varies, and those small changes can make a difference in how it affects different people.

upschuck

From the FDA
  • The generic drug manufacturer must prove its drug is the same as (bioequivalent) the brand name drug. For example, after the patient takes the generic drug, the amount of drug in the bloodstream is measured. If the levels of the drug in the bloodstream are the same as the levels found when the brand name product is used, the generic drug will work the same.

Read more here

Are there anomalies, I'm sure there is, even in the brand name. This site also states that proof must be shown before the generic is approved.

Disclaimer: Not that I believe everything the gov't puts out.

oldngray

nowhere special
The problem is not all people are the same, so a generic formulation may behave identically to name brand in some people but not in everyone else.

upschuck

So for some it may work better, for some worse. It is all a crap shoot anyways. That is why a doctor has a practice.