Take Charge Score Cards

Ghost in the Darkness

So the company deemed it necessary to give us a credit card to put sales lead points on... ok whatever. Why did they go American Express... no chance of me using the card since so many places won't accept it.

BrownSuit

So the company deemed it necessary to give us a credit card to put sales lead points on... ok whatever.

What would have been your preferred method of distribution? A check every single time? Some submit thousands of leads a year, so each time a lead gets sold, you would rather have a check go out that you would have to keep track of?

Why did they go American Express... no chance of me using the card since so many places won't accept it.

Stupid Question, but have you actually tried to use the card anywhere where it was rejected? Or are you just complaining without giving it a chance?

I know that AMEX is not "Everywhere you want to be" but I find it hard to believe that you can't find someplace to spend it.

rod

Retired 22 years
We all don't live in "the big city" --- I know an Am. Express card around where I live is just about useless. (Visa, MasterCard, Yes--Am. Express, Dinners Club-- No.) I got a $25 Lowes gift card last year and the nearest Lowes is 100 plus miles away-thanks

What would have been your preferred method of distribution? A check every single time? Some submit thousands of leads a year, so each time a lead gets sold, you would rather have a check go out that you would have to keep track of?

Stupid Question, but have you actually tried to use the card anywhere where it was rejected? Or are you just complaining without giving it a chance?

I know that AMEX is not "Everywhere you want to be" but I find it hard to believe that you can't find someplace to spend it.
but on the other hand...visa and mastercard are accepted just about everywhere.

UPSNewbie

We all don't live in "the big city" --- I know an Am. Express card around where I live is just about useless. (Visa, MasterCard, Yes--Am. Express, Dinners Club-- No.) I got a $25 Lowes gift card last year and the nearest Lowes is 100 plus miles away-thanks

Shop online, brotha!

Ghost in the Darkness

I think rod and trplnkl understood the point.

VISA or Mastercard :happy-very:

Stupid Question, but have you actually tried to use the card anywhere where it was rejected?

Haha, well usually you stop trying after its rejected. I guess I never considered forcing them to accept it but sadly that would probably come with criminal consequences and I'm just not into that.

In all seriousness though, how would I know that its not accepted in many places if I didn't have one. What happened was the VISA card issue that I had at the time was bought out by AMEX and I went from being able to use the card everywhere to basically only Walmart... so I cancelled it. Whats the point in having it?! AMEX sucks and its not my job to get them in everywhere and I'm not the guy who likes or needs to carry around 15 credit cards in my wallet. I'm sure I'll have no problem finding places to spend the points but its idiotic to me to carry around another card only for that purpose. Nuff said!

BrownSuit

and pay that high priced shipping? no way:wink2:

Most places have free shipping based on how much is spent. Amazon.com for example, I could name a few more.

I get the point about why not Visa or Mastercard, but I'm guessing that there are higher administration costs, which equals not as much money in your pocket.

I know part of the reason that not all merchants accept AMEX because of fees and administration costs, AMEX charges a little bit more.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I could be as simple as Visa and MasterCard not offering a points based card (I purposely left off "credit" as it is really not a credit card) while Amex does.