Take Charge

bumped

I just received in the mail today the new Take Charge program. What an absolute joke this is. Once you save up reward points, then it costs you extra points to get it shipped to you. Don't worry though, the letter says "to provide more flexability".

Now there will be a lot of unused points instead people that use their old rewards card regularly on day to day purchases. I know one driver that buys his lunches with his reward points. I used mine on some of the medical bills I would get.

klein

Für Meno :)
I just received in the mail today the new Take Charge program. What an absolute joke this is. Once you save up reward points, then it costs you extra points to get it shipped to you. Don't worry though, the letter says "to provide more flexability".

Better keep some points, to get your safety rewards shipped to you in the future, as well ! :sick:

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Now there will be a lot of unused points instead people that use their old rewards card regularly on day to day purchases. I know one driver that buys his lunches with his reward points. I used mine on some of the medical bills I would get.

I posted the UPS memo here but the mods deleted it...

points are now worth 1/4 to 1/5 what they were worth. Also, there is no more cash to convert for sales leads.

It is a cost cutting measure obviously.

To say the least, no sales leads from me.

brownrodster

I got one of those cards once. I never used it. I was certain that it would be denied if I tried. So I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it.

I have never turned in a lead. My management just put my name on a lead to sham up their numbers and show that they had a high percentage of participating drivers.

over9five

Staff member
I got one of those cards once. I never used it. I was certain that it would be denied if I tried. So I threw it in a drawer and forgot about it.

I have never turned in a lead. My management just put my name on a lead to sham up their numbers and show that they had a high percentage of participating drivers.

You can call the number on the back, and they'll tell you how much money is on it.

trickpony1

wouldn't that be falsification and dishonesty......the very same thing Georgia Brown lost 7 weeks of pay over?

BUT WAIT!.........it's okay if management does it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My management just put my name on a lead to sham up their numbers and show that they had a high percentage of participating drivers.

They have done that to me too! I think I have had about a $.38 balance on that card for several years.....

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I posted the UPS memo here but the mods deleted it...
Yep, the mods deleted it from our site because it was the property of UPS.

When proprietary info from UPS is copied and posted here someone usually reports it and the mods are obligated to delete it. That's how the game works if you want our website to remain online.

Thank you for using the Brown Cafe.

P.S. Maybe next time it would be better to just summarize the content in your own words rather than paste a copy.

overallowed

The last time I turned in a sales lead, I got a shipper who only used us for ground to convert their air to us when DHL folded up their tent. They denied me any points because this was an existing (?) account (***?). The more I argued with them, the deeper hole I dug, so I just gave up. I wouldn't turn in a sales lead now unless somebody gift-wrapped it for me.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yep, the mods deleted it from our site because it was the property of UPS.

When proprietary info from UPS is copied and posted here someone usually reports it and the mods are obligated to delete it. That's how the game works if you want our website to remain online.

Thank you for using the Brown Cafe.

P.S. Maybe next time it would be better to just summarize the content in your own words rather than paste a copy.

Look, I am not playing a game and I was not complaining about the moderation. maybe I will just stop posting here honestly, the information I posted here was handed out like hotcakes by the company and it is far from privately held or guarded information. Call it proprietary, I will not deny that either, but then again I do not feel bad about it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'm sorry if my previous post came across as abrupt but I do believe that I am the only one here that has ever received a call from a lawyer on behalf of UPS regarding something to do with this website.

You are all anonymous, I am not.

It's nothing personal at all. I get your point of view. I just do not want to deal with legal issues because someone posts a copy of a UPS internal memo here instead of summarizing the contents.

It's nothing more than that.

I'm truly sorry if that upsets anyone, but that is the reality of the situation. This website operates on a shoestring budget. Feel free to speak your mind here but please do not post anything that belongs to UPS or you may drag me into a legal dispute that could very easily shut this website down after 10 years of operation.

Thank you for your understanding.

klein

Für Meno :)
I'm sorry if my previous post came across as abrupt but I do believe that I am the only one here that has ever received a call from a lawyer on behalf of UPS regarding something to do with this website.

You are all anonymous, I am not.

It's nothing personal at all. I get your point of view. I just do not want to deal with legal issues because someone posts a copy of a UPS internal memo here instead of summarizing the contents.

It's nothing more than that.

I'm truly sorry if that upsets anyone, but that is the reality of the situation. This website operates on a shoestring budget. Feel free to speak your mind here but please do not post anything that belongs to UPS or you may drag me into a legal dispute that could very easily shut this website down after 10 years of operation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cherly, you do a terrific job !
And well said and put.

I like this site.
And so do many others.

Sorry, on behalf of all or most of us, that take this website for granted at times.

DS

Fenderbender
There have been a few complaints lately about us mods deleting things we feel that are either innapropriate to ups and or to other members .This is not AOL.Some people think that the browncafe owes them something.
Its fine to say what you want but realize that your opinions often go over the fine line that makes this site unique.Anyone who thinks we are going overboard is free to leave.If you can't follow the rules,find somewhere else to cry.I personally find it quite perplexing to have to moderate self centered posts from intelligegent people about stupid things.
We can see how a new member may not understand the way it works,but its unacceptable when long time members think they are above the TOS.

P

pickup

^ Does that mean I can put my avatar back up instead of the current Benedict Arnold one?

Benedict Arnold was a true patriot . While his fellow countrymen were betraying mother England, he risked life and limb to help save his country . Although he failed, history will always remember him . Thank you for honoring such a man, Cementups. Please keep the avatar.

P

pickup

There have been a few complaints lately about us mods deleting things we feel that are either innapropriate to ups and or to other members .This is not AOL.Some people think that the browncafe owes them something.
Its fine to say what you want but realize that your opinions often go over the fine line that makes this site unique.Anyone who thinks we are going overboard is free to leave.If you can't follow the rules,find somewhere else to cry.I personally find it quite perplexing to have to moderate self centered posts from intelligegent people about stupid things.
We can see how a new member may not understand the way it works,but its unacceptable when long time members think they are above the TOS.

Actually, I never read the Terms of Service until now. There is stuff about privacy, infringement, but not a thing about flaming , family friendly, etc.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually, I never read the Terms of Service until now. There is stuff about privacy, infringement, but not a thing about flaming , family friendly, etc.
I hope this is ok Cheryl. Actually, Pickup it does say exactly that, it is just worded different than what you said.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
There is stuff about privacy, infringement, but not a thing about flaming , family friendly, etc.

Look again..: peaceful:

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

TERMS OF SERVICE